Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: 2010 owners -- buyer's remorse now that the 2011's are out?  (Read 19604 times)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
Re: 2010 owners -- buyer's remorse now that the 2011's are out?
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2010, 06:47:10 AM »

Tried that too. Only 20% of Harley's leave the U.S. for the international market. Canada falls under that category. The problem with the U.S. CVO SG that come to Canada will NOT pass the safety certification here. They are missing the taillight which is our brake light. The lens for U.S. brake lights are our turn signals which have orange lens not smoked. Then it all has to be wired. I was told the the wiring harness is not made for this application and all new wires have to be run with a modal (I think) Also the speedo has to be changed from MPH to KM. If there is milage on the bike the new speedo will show 0 KM. It cannot be programed to adjust the milage.Throw in your taxes and duties and running around to different locations to get it done, U.S exchange...ish. (I know we are almost at par now but H.D. don't care) This will cost almost as much as the difference that we pay here for the bike which is about $5340.00 more for 2011.

Also I heard that the warranty is void and a lot of dealers will not work on it.

Thanks anyway. Really happy with what I am getting now. Since I have always loved the colour Black I would have been second guessing myself today. Sometime things just have a way of working out  :2vrolijk_21:
There are truckloads leaving the US every month from the repo auctions. Harley Davidson Finance (Eaglemark Savings) has been selling 2500 to 3,000 a month every month for the last 5 years I have been watching them. I personally know 2 transporters who haul 2 semi's full to Canada each month from the Atlanta and Dallas auctions. most are low milage late model bikes. They stop here and deliver at the Indy shop on there way either to or from Canada. I have seen bikes arrive less than 90 days after they were sold new and with under 400 miles? Especially in the current economy/ Yes they sell CVO's too, they do bring top dollar but that is still 5% or more less than you see in the showrooms. Of course that wouldn't include the "New Bike Smell"?
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Re: 2010 owners -- buyer's remorse now that the 2011's are out?
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:57 AM »

Gotta be a way around this. I don't live in Maine full time, but have vehicles registered to me at the address on Sebago Lake I spend 5 1/2 months at. They know my legal address is CA but it doesn't matter. Just wondering out loud if you could register the bike of your dreams in the USA somewhere (one of your cvoharley.com amigos) and "use" it in Canada while still maintaining US registration and insurance ? I understand I am an American register vehicles in different states and not a different country, but since the US and Canada let their citizens cross the borders without passports, I was just thinking - - - - -

B B
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.