Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 LED Tail Lamps - Out till mid November  (Read 1379 times)

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
2011 LED Tail Lamps - Out till mid November
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »

Anybody have a probelem with the rear LED tail lamps? My left side went out yesterday. I pulled the connector at the assembly and the pins have power when appropriate (run, turn, brake). So I'm guessing its the LED assembly. I dropped it off at the dealer today but they said the parts are backordered until mid-November.  One month old. That sucks.... >:(
2011 FLHXSE2

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2011 LED Tail Lamps - Out till mid November
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »

Anybody have a probelem with the rear LED tail lamps? My left side went out yesterday. I pulled the connector at the assembly and the pins have power when appropriate (run, turn, brake). So I'm guessing its the LED assembly. I dropped it off at the dealer today but they said the parts are backordered until mid-November.  One month old. That sucks.... >:(

Based on the other threads earlier this year with the same issue, I'd say there's a good reason the parts are on backorder.  Very strange how everyone has mentioned the left side only, with no failures on the right side.  They should be mirror images of each other, and contain the same components.  Very peculiar.

What did your dealer suggest you do until the MoCo can come up with the parts to make your motorcycle legal to ride?  I don't think riding without the lights is a good idea, even if the local constabulary doesn't ticket you.  Start documenting this stuff, and contact H-D yourself.  If they are still building SESG's, then they have lights and they can get you one. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »

Mine went out half way home the day I picked it up! Left side as well, I rode it back to Conrad's H-D, Shorewood Il. (Great people to do business with) they tested it and it had a bad circuit board. I was lucky, they said they have never had to replace one yet and had 1 left side on the shef, 30 minutes later I was on the road, no problems since!

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:25:51 PM »

They really didn't give me any options. They are going to try to locate one at a dealer tomorrow. I'm traveling this week so hopefully they will find one and it will be fixed by the time I get back Friday. I won't ride it without the lights. Too dangerous to me.....
2011 FLHXSE2

JB3

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »

David,

I had the same issue only on the right side, contact HD MOCO yourself it seemed to help in my case even though my dealership did everything they could.  I called, and they released the part, a few days later the part was delivered to my dealer and installed.

According to my call with HD, some of the backlog was HD looking at all of their stock, they held up production/installation of that part to check things out. 

hope they got it fixed what ever it was.

J.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.