Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHXSE mod options and variations.....  (Read 1066 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
FLHXSE mod options and variations.....
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »

I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking that the SE Street Glide platform offers more options for personalization than any of the other models.

In a recent conversation somebody commented on how I posted all my modifications in one thread rather than scattered throughout many threads (license plate mod in one thread, quick release tour pack in another, sound system mods in another, etc.) and how he wished that others would do that to make it easier to find something that you want to go back to when you finally get your bike.  Thought I'd post it here as a suggestion.

For those that are newer here and/or just getting your SESG, you can click on this link to see all of my mods.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
Re: FLHXSE mod options and variations.....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »

Nice. Thanks.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »

I'm glad that you reminded us of that as it is also a great way for us to keep a running record of all of our mods. Even before you posted this, I had already bookmarked your mods thread as a reference point. Thanks again for your help.

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »

Using the edit function to edit the first post in the thread each time new accessories or mods are made (describing the mod and/or accessory, date, and the reply number for each new mod or accessory) would vastly increase the utility of the single thread approach to mods and accessories added over a period of time.  A new or return viewer could simply read the list of edits in the first post to find a specific mod/accessory, or see if something new had been added since the thread was last viewed.

Carl

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »

Using the edit function to edit the first post in the thread each time new accessories or mods are made (describing the mod and/or accessory, date, and the reply number for each new mod or accessory) would vastly increase the utility of the single thread approach to mods and accessories added over a period of time.  A new or return viewer could simply read the list of edits in the first post to find a specific mod/accessory, or see if something new had been added since the thread was last viewed.

Carl

You're right Carl.  See, I keep learning from you guys. 

That way, would you not only have a photo log of the mods but also a chronological log.  You could even list the mieage of the bike at the time each mod was done.  It would be invaluable to the owner of the bike as well as to other members of this forum. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »

I believe i will do just that. thanks for the tip! :2vrolijk_21:

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »

I forgot that on this forum the title of the thread can be edited.  So, editing the title to include something like:
"(Original title of thread) Updated (insert date)" would be another way to alert viewers of the new pics/information that have been added.

Carl

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.