Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO CB ADDITION DIY?  (Read 11238 times)

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

Re: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO CB ADDITION DIY?
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »

So, I'm planning on adding CB to my '09 FLHX.  I have already installed BAMI kit 77107-09 without foresight of adding a CB.  :oops: I still think this could be fairly straightforeward after reading through this thread.  Unfortunately, there are a few different applications being discussed in this thread, and I am having a bit of trouble keeping them straight. 

I think all I need to do is build a little harness with 184B connector on one end and six leads, 2 to 6A, 2 to 28B and 2 to 27B.  Is this correct, and what is the mapping of the 6 leads.  I do have the wiring diagram for my MY, but it too is a bit difficult to follow for this, as far as what I need, and what is not needed for my application. 

If anyone would be interested in putting one of these together for me, that would be icing on the cake!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Big Lew
IBA #595

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »

BigLew, the primary difference between the 77107-09 kit you installed, and the 77108-09 kit I installed is how the connections for rider and passenger headset, and passenger PTT are made to the 35 wire connector on the HK radio.  With the kit you have, a single harness is used that incorporates all of those functions; but, with the kit I used, a non-Ultra overlay harness is used and the rider and passenger headset and PTT switch are separately connected to the NUOH.

Consequently, all you need to do is trace the wires used for the CB from the module to the HK radio, and supply them to the CB module by adding them to the 35 wire connector you plugged into the HK with your kit.  Those wires will include those for CAN + and - (which tells the HK that the CB is connected, as well as power and ground, among others.  I haven't researched the connector numbers, wire assignments, etc.

But with the wiring diagram, and funtion of the pin-outs (which are included in the HD Touring model service manual) it should be a simple wiring job.  If you're going to use connectors for the CB module, you'll also need the parts manual to purchase the mating connector to the module, and supply the pins/sockets for the connectors.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »

So, after going cross-eyed from looking at the wiring diagram for several days, I let the dealer do the harness.  I really think it was the better decision for me. 

I can say that I needed a different connector than the PL-259 style for the antenna.  Grabbed one from Radio Shack, but forgot to save the package with the part number or description.
Big Lew
IBA #595
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.