Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Here I go...again....  (Read 2951 times)

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
Here I go...again....
« on: March 10, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »

Hi all;

I currently ride a 09 O/B CVO RG.  Love the bike but am looking for something new.  I am close to pulling the trigger on a 12 CVO SG, either the black or the red version.  So first question is, any comments on either color?  Dealer has offered me $22k on the Roadie.  I do have a lot of extras on it like VH leaders, Corbin, Hawg Wired, Moto's, Fullsac treatment and only 8k miles.  Real question is, how does everyone like the SG's and specifically the 12's?  I have ridden one only once and it seems awesome.  Appreciate the feedback.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Here I go...again....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »

I love my 2012 SG  :-\. And I can tell ya, it gets a lot of attention!  I have the Ruby Red and maroon.  The ghost flames and the paint job are absolutely beautiful  :2vrolijk_21:  This is one of the BEST scooter's that the MOCO ever put out!
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »

Can't go wrong with any of the three. The paint on all of them is outstanding. Most flashy is the Citrus, Least is the Slate with the Red in the middle. If you like the ride of a batwing bike then go for it.

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »

I have the black, it gets a lot of attention.
I really like it.
take your pick, I think you will love any of them

dd
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »

Go for it you will not be sorry at all the SG is a sweet bike in any color.
DND

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »

The SESG3 rides great and the sound system on it is primo!!  You won't regret getting one.  I just got back from about 3 hour ride and still have a big smile on my face. :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »

Thanks for the replies all.  I am going to go with the Ruby Red.  I have spent the weekend trying to determine what I want to add on.  Here's my list.  Let me know if I missed anything that you would deem a must have.

VH Power Duals, VH Hi Output mufflers, LED Motolights, RSD Air Cleaner, Zumo mount, 4 point dock, Garage opener. Tuner (do i need one)?? Kury Curved plate, although I am not sure which one.  Corbin Solo and a new screen (any opinions on that).

Anyway, thats my list. I know there will be more but I am trying (really really hard) to limit this...for now.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Ted

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:40 PM »

Thanks for the replies all.  I am going to go with the Ruby Red.  I have spent the weekend trying to determine what I want to add on.  Here's my list.  Let me know if I missed anything that you would deem a must have.

VH Power Duals, VH Hi Output mufflers, LED Motolights, RSD Air Cleaner, Zumo mount, 4 point dock, Garage opener. Tuner (do i need one)?? Kury Curved plate, although I am not sure which one.  Corbin Solo and a new screen (any opinions on that).

Anyway, thats my list. I know there will be more but I am trying (really really hard) to limit this...for now.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Ted

Put your bike up for sale here... the dealer is offerring you less than trade-in value for a stock bike.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »

Thanks.  I am going to do that right now. 

Fxr4Rider

• More to come
  • Full CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, it's the journey.
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Yellow
    • CVO2: 2012 Flhxse3- Build Date 01/12
    • CVO3: 1985 FLT (SOLD)
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 07:12:39 PM »

I have the Black one and i really like the spots!. I also went with the fullsac stage one as well as the fairing mount Zumo.

My buddies love the fact i have $35,000 ghetto blaster on wheels!! ( THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS!!)  :mango:

You tell us how much you wanna spend and I am sure we can help you spend every cent!!!

I have 6 miles on mine and have spent close to $2500 bucks (Now where is my parts catolog)

>>>>>and remember, if your married, it is best to ask for forgivness, then it is to ask for permission.

:bananarock:
Fullsac w/ 2" cores
Zumo 665
LED Spots with Led Trim Rings
HID Headlight
Red LED under glow street kit
Kury Curved Lic plate
Ultimate seat with backrest
FUN AS HELL TO RIDE!!
King Matched Tour Pak
Ultimate Seat
LRS Windscreen
More Chrome
Andrews 54's
.30 head gaskets
Chubby's and Heated Grips!

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

What have you guys done about the shield.  I am 5'9" and I am guessing I wont like the stocker.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:28 AM »

Send me some pics of the road glide.I'm interested.trahog@cox.net

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 08:35:51 AM »

sent you an email.  Thanks for the interest

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »

You'll want a tuner.  Go with the Fullsac set up.....you'll get the tuner and a canned map if you go with the Fullsac baffles.  It's a lot cheaper than a whole new exhaust system.  And, the stock mufflers look better than any after market mufflers! :2vrolijk_21:

You say you're really trying to limit on this one......yet you have an aftermarket air cleaner.  That's also wasted money on a stock motor.  The SESG already has a high flow air cleaner.

Windvest makes a nice recurved windscreen for the eletra glide models.  My wife is 5'7" and she uses their 6" dark tint, I'm 6'4" and I use their 8" dark tint.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »

I went Fullsac on my Road Glide.  Very happy with the set up and Steve is a great guy.  Was just thinking of doing something a little different this time.
Your point on the air cleaner is a good one, delete that purchase.  I am going to look at the Windvest and the Klock's.  Thanks for the input.

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »

You're gonna miss your Road Glide.  Good luck with your new scoot.

intrepidguy

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »

I had the same exact CVO Roadglide that you had with the same exhaust as you did and likes it as well. I too wanted something different this time as I have had Bubbs, Rhineharts, Vance and Hines, Sampson's...etc...etc. and this time I bought Kuryakyn Perfect Storm exhaust with the air intake and the TTS tune that they sell with it and it is the best system I have ever had. I was real skeptical going into as I had never heard of Kuryakyn even doing exhaust but it was a great choice. Awesome performance and great sound IMO.

Good luck with the new bike.....and I like my CVO Streetglide better than the CVO Roadglide I had.....for what its worth.

mark

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »

What have you guys done about the shield.  I am 5'9" and I am guessing I wont like the stocker.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I'm your height and I have a 2010 SESG.  I went with the dark gray Clearview recurved...two inched taller than stock (6 1/2 inches).  I can ride at 80 and don't have any wind buffeting issues. 

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »

I added the etched and LED lit windshield on mine. 9" is the height. Hopefully the picture will show up.
I have a K&N airfilter, garage door opener, hidden antenna, 4 pt docking station, rider footboards with matching inserts, short highway mounts installed with the original rider's footpegs. I have the two up and solo tour pac mounts and the road glide style back rest. I am waiting on the matching tour pac to install these on.
And probably last to get installed sometime in May is the Jackpot 2 into 1 exhaust from FuelMoto. I already have the Power Vision and map for the K&N installed on my bike. I bought a mirror mount from JC Whitney to hold the Power Vision.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »

I forgot to mention tbags for the windshield bags. They do a good job of hiding the logo when night riding with the LEDs on. I also bought LEDs on eBay and wired them into the same controller for the windshield. I'll put more on and take some pictures when I'm through.
You can see how the bags cover most of the light for night riding.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 04:52:09 PM »

looks great.  the color matches spot on. 

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »

I forgot to mention tbags for the windshield bags. They do a good job of hiding the logo when night riding with the LEDs on. I also bought LEDs on eBay and wired them into the same controller for the windshield. I'll put more on and take some pictures when I'm through.
You can see how the bags cover most of the light for night riding.

I had these same bags on my 09 Streetglide and I had one heck of a time getting the bugs out that got between the back of the bags and my windshield.  I never did find the perfect tool that would slide between the bag and my windshield that wouldn't scratch my windshield.  It drove me crazy  :'(. So I didn't put any windshield bags on my new SESG.  I do miss that pouch, but not that headache.  What do you use to keep that area clean?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.