Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Here I go...again....  (Read 2952 times)

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
Re: Here I go...again....
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »

You're gonna miss your Road Glide.  Good luck with your new scoot.

intrepidguy

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »

I had the same exact CVO Roadglide that you had with the same exhaust as you did and likes it as well. I too wanted something different this time as I have had Bubbs, Rhineharts, Vance and Hines, Sampson's...etc...etc. and this time I bought Kuryakyn Perfect Storm exhaust with the air intake and the TTS tune that they sell with it and it is the best system I have ever had. I was real skeptical going into as I had never heard of Kuryakyn even doing exhaust but it was a great choice. Awesome performance and great sound IMO.

Good luck with the new bike.....and I like my CVO Streetglide better than the CVO Roadglide I had.....for what its worth.

mark

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »

What have you guys done about the shield.  I am 5'9" and I am guessing I wont like the stocker.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I'm your height and I have a 2010 SESG.  I went with the dark gray Clearview recurved...two inched taller than stock (6 1/2 inches).  I can ride at 80 and don't have any wind buffeting issues. 

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »

I added the etched and LED lit windshield on mine. 9" is the height. Hopefully the picture will show up.
I have a K&N airfilter, garage door opener, hidden antenna, 4 pt docking station, rider footboards with matching inserts, short highway mounts installed with the original rider's footpegs. I have the two up and solo tour pac mounts and the road glide style back rest. I am waiting on the matching tour pac to install these on.
And probably last to get installed sometime in May is the Jackpot 2 into 1 exhaust from FuelMoto. I already have the Power Vision and map for the K&N installed on my bike. I bought a mirror mount from JC Whitney to hold the Power Vision.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »

I forgot to mention tbags for the windshield bags. They do a good job of hiding the logo when night riding with the LEDs on. I also bought LEDs on eBay and wired them into the same controller for the windshield. I'll put more on and take some pictures when I'm through.
You can see how the bags cover most of the light for night riding.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 04:52:09 PM »

looks great.  the color matches spot on. 

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »

I forgot to mention tbags for the windshield bags. They do a good job of hiding the logo when night riding with the LEDs on. I also bought LEDs on eBay and wired them into the same controller for the windshield. I'll put more on and take some pictures when I'm through.
You can see how the bags cover most of the light for night riding.

I had these same bags on my 09 Streetglide and I had one heck of a time getting the bugs out that got between the back of the bags and my windshield.  I never did find the perfect tool that would slide between the bag and my windshield that wouldn't scratch my windshield.  It drove me crazy  :'(. So I didn't put any windshield bags on my new SESG.  I do miss that pouch, but not that headache.  What do you use to keep that area clean?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.