Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear Crash Bars  (Read 2049 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Rear Crash Bars
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »

Anyone know the part number for the correct rear crash bars. I like to have the water bottle attachment when its hot. :orange:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Rear Crash Bars
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:14:08 PM »

Anyone know the part number for the correct rear crash bars. I like to have the water bottle attachment when its hot. :orange:

And the crash bar for when you fall over from the heat! :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »

Easy for you to say since you just drive in air conditioning now.....   :nixweiss:
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »

They are saddlebag guards.......don't like to use the word "crash"  :nervous:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »

They are saddlebag guards.......don't like to use the word "crash"  :nervous:

Very true.  Harley doesn't call the front or rear guards "crash bars", most likely due to lawyerly advice.  As soon as you start calling something a crash bar, the first time someone crashes and the bar doesn't protect him from all harm, at least in the USA they would have an immediate lawsuit.  The same sort of thing is true in the auto business, where we were taught very early on that there was no such thing as a "fire wall".  It was and still is a dash panel. 

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 08:09:10 PM »

Thanks guys.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 01:28:59 AM »

Very true.  Harley doesn't call the front or rear guards "crash bars", most likely due to lawyerly advice.  As soon as you start calling something a crash bar, the first time someone crashes and the bar doesn't protect him from all harm, at least in the USA they would have an immediate lawsuit.  The same sort of thing is true in the auto business, where we were taught very early on that there was no such thing as a "fire wall".  It was and still is a dash panel. 

Jerry ;)

Van's kind of invincable Jerry.  He's the only guy I know that can speed down Hwy 101 while leading a pack of CVOs and as the CHP pulls up behind us, we all slow down to 5 mph over the speed limit and move over........except for Van.  He just continues right on down the highway at speed, leading the CHP for another ten miles.  Nope......never got pulled over.....the CHP shook his finger at Van as he went on by.

Van.....he's the guy at last year's Sultry Summer Shindig in Coulterville he led the pack of CVOs down the mountain at about 110 mph. We get to the restaurant where a new memeber of this forum was waiting with his daughter.  We're sitting around the table waiting for our meals and the convesation is about how fast Van lead us down the mountain.  Then I asked the new guy "so Rich, what kind of work do you do?".  His reply "Caliornia Highway Patrol".  The look on Van's face was priceless! :huepfenlol2:   One time I didn't have my camera ready.  But you should have been there.

Yep, Van's invincable! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 02:42:52 AM »

...speed down Hwy 101 while leading a pack of CVOs and as the CHP pulls up behind us, we all slow down to 5 mph over the speed limit and move over........except for Van.  He just continues right on down the highway at speed, leading the CHP for another ten miles.  Nope......never got pulled over.....the CHP shook his finger at Van as he went on by.

That CHP was too afraid to pull over the leader of that badass biker gang!   :nervous:  That cop knew better than to mess with any dude that rides a sparkly yellow ElectraGlide.

Page created in 0.642 seconds with 21 queries.