Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Chrome rings  (Read 5322 times)

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
Chrome rings
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »

I have someone that will do bling on my fairing stuff, but it looks like HD doesn't make the rings to fit the boom audio. It probably has been discussed before, but I searched and came up short. I also would love to find out if the lower fairing has a chrome ring done by anyone that'll fit.

Thanks, looking for manufacturer part number and cost.

My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond
Re: Chrome rings
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:23:17 AM »

I have someone that will do bling on my fairing stuff, but it looks like HD doesn't make the rings to fit the boom audio. It probably has been discussed before, but I searched and came up short. I also would love to find out if the lower fairing has a chrome ring done by anyone that'll fit.

Thanks, looking for manufacturer part number and cost.

Can't do chrome rings on the stock speaker mesh.  I changed my speakers and when I did I put Hawg Wired Mesh Grills in and Drag Specialties chrome rings.  As far as the lowers, I purchased some 6.5" rings on ebay.  They sort of tucked into the slot arount the speakers on the lowers.  Looks decent, and better than without rings.  I'll try and post a picture later. 

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »

Can't do chrome rings on the stock speaker mesh.  I changed my speakers and when I did I put Hawg Wired Mesh Grills in and Drag Specialties chrome rings.  As far as the lowers, I purchased some 6.5" rings on ebay.  They sort of tucked into the slot arount the speakers on the lowers.  Looks decent, and better than without rings.  I'll try and post a picture later. 

Thanks, I kind of was figuring that might be the case on the upper fairings speakers since they stick out.  They just added a new diamond ice piece for the rear speakers on standard systems, but it looks exactly how the lower fairings are shaped for our boom audio custom touring system. I can't believe they want 2k to instal that system, wow. Especially since a bunch of you have changed your stereo systems out, altogether.. The diamond ice pieces are 60, so if you found a chrome one for less, it'd probably be better quality than the diamond ice since that is really just plastic....and then the devas bling gal could bling it.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:30:06 AM »

Boom audio front speaker trim
Hd # 76000156
$39.95
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:33:51 AM by dirtdobber »
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »

Hd # 76000156
$39.95

Are these it?

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:40 AM »

Hd # 76000156
$39.95

These work with the stock upper fairing speakers on a FLHXSE3???

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
    • CVO3: FLHXSE 2018 Dark Alloy/Black Denim
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:21:18 AM »

These work with the stock upper fairing speakers on a FLHXSE3???

Don't think so...they are for the Boom Speakers Part# 76000256. But I hope I'm wrong, 'cos I would like to lift those "black holes" a bit!

just a thought..........

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:16 AM »

Don't think so...they are for the Boom Speakers Part# 76000256. But I hope I'm wrong, 'cos I would like to lift those "black holes" a bit!

just a thought..........

That is what I thought but I had my fingers crossed that I was wrong...

I'd love to see someone come out with a trim ring that works with these speakers.  You are 100% correct when you say "black holes"!!

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »

Yeah, have noooo luck on the Boom Audio Custom Touring System. Crazy stuff. BUT....Harley does a combo chrome cover for the gauge indicator, stereo, and small speakers. Bringing it out and will be putting it on Tuesday.

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 03:39:08 PM »

Yeah, have noooo luck on the Boom Audio Custom Touring System. Crazy stuff. BUT....Harley does a combo chrome cover for the gauge indicator, stereo, and small speakers. Bringing it out and will be putting it on Tuesday.

I have those installed on my bike already and they improve the look a lot, in my opinion.  I don't understand why the MoCo has trim for basically everything but the large speakers.  It looks like it is unfinished when everything on the dash has trim except the speakers.   :nixweiss:

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »

I have those installed on my bike already and they improve the look a lot, in my opinion.  I don't understand why the MoCo has trim for basically everything but the large speakers.  It looks like it is unfinished when everything on the dash has trim except the speakers.   :nixweiss:

Totally agree. I put Bling around the lower speakers since there was room and actually like how it turned Out. The rest will be in a complete reveal under mods :)

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »

Totally agree. I put Bling around the lower speakers since there was room and actually like how it turned Out. The rest will be in a complete reveal under mods :)

Very nice!   :2vrolijk_21:

Are there any chrome trim rings that will work with the speakers on the lower fairings??

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »

Very nice!   :2vrolijk_21:

Are there any chrome trim rings that will work with the speakers on the lower fairings??

Not that I could find. Someone posted below they had found 6.5 rings on eBay and made it work, but never found out by whom, what, etc. besides, I have spent all my $$$ and I think on the black it looks darker which goes more with the typhoon maroon. The rest of the light Siam is by the ruby red. :)

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »

Not that I could find. Someone posted below they had found 6.5 rings on eBay and made it work, but never found out by whom, what, etc. besides, I have spent all my $$$ and I think on the black it looks darker which goes more with the typhoon maroon. The rest of the light Siam is by the ruby red. :)

Here's my rings.  As I said I did get themon ebay, but I don;t recall who I purchased them from or the listing number and I can't find it in my ebay account.  They are not solid, but flexible rings which were listed as 6.5" rings that go to a checvy cruz.  They were in the area of 20 bucks.

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 08:51:41 AM »

left side
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.