Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2015 UV Blue / Molten Lava with Yaffe Bars and heated grips  (Read 4595 times)

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
Re: 2015 UV Blue / Molten Lava with Yaffe Bars and heated grips
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 10:19:28 PM »

Well, for me I will be switching to a taller bar because its more comfortable to have my hands straight out rather than down. It also allows me to keep my back more straight.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 10:32:47 PM »

Thanks for all of the compliments! TLR sorry to hear about the paint and gauge issues you are having. That really does suck to pay as much as these cost and have to deal with that. Hopefully QA will improve. In defense of the bike though I have to repeat something the service manager at my dealer told me before I was bringing it home. He said "I think this is the best bike Harley Davidson has made."

I'm sure there will be a few contrary opinions about that! I do have to say that I am really impressed with mine.

As far as the question regarding keeping or removing the fairing mirrors... I am definitely planning on removing them. I had these exact same bars and mirrors on my older Street Glide, and I just like the bar mounted. My plan is to remove them and install a fender bolt ( has a large flat head ) in its place. What I have not decided on is what I will mount (glue) the the head of the bolt. Thinking of putting something like golf ball marker from my University?? Just thinking out loud.

As for the question regarding "Why would you remove a perfectly fine handle bar and put those damn bars on there?" Well really just kidding and no offense is taken what so ever. I guess I would explain it like this... unlike when I raced MX a long time ago, on these bikes I pretty much lean back against the backrest, put my feet up on the highway pegs (90% of the time) and enjoy the wind in my face something like a dog who sticks his head out a car window! In that laid back position taller bars feel more comfy to me. I will attach a picture of my older Street Glide which is setup exactly the same. I would have felt like I was going backwards if I did not have the same setup. BTW I can not believe HD did not include highway pegs on these bikes. WTF.

Thanks again for the compliments and for the info on this site.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »

Totally agree with you on the apes, had 14" wild ones for years.
 in my opinion they straighten your back, put arms in a comfy position and those of you who like back rests, well apes will naturally put you in a "lie back" position....and with highway pegs just heaven man!

I think too many people think monkey bars are put on for show only, they have never really tried them to judge for themselves to see how comfy they can be.

Yours do look bad arse though..got me little brain a thinking now! :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.