Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin Seat  (Read 2465 times)

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
Corbin Seat
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »

Just a query on the Corbin Classic solo for the 2015 streety glide, i am looking to get one but would like to hear from you guys that have one in regards to the seating position, can someone who is similar to my measurements 5'11" tell me does this seat sit you the same position as the stock harley seat, or does it move you back a bit, or god forbid move you forward any?.
My biggest concern is i don't want to get "intimate" with the tank and dislike seats that move you forward as the rear brake pedal becomes difficult to deploy when your shifted forward,
All those who have this seat in particular, your input would be much appreciated   :vrolijk_5: :2vrolijk_21: :vrolijk_5:
Ride free brothers!

rcamp2009

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

Re: Corbin Seat
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »

I have one on my 2012 SESG. Also had one on my 2010. I absolutely love them. I am also 5'-11". Seat moves you back approx. 1" and lower about 1/2". I had no trouble with reach with stock bars. But I installed WO575 bars on both bikes. The position to me couldn't be better. Also added Kuryakyn board extensions. Like setting on my lazy boy.
2019 FLHXSE
Ghost

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:55:36 AM »

Hey Wild Hog. I'm same height as you. When I rode the bike with stock seat it deffinately is forward in relation to the Corbin. The stock made shifting and hitting the brake pedal feel just as you described. It felt fairly comfy but I missed the backrest. Hope this helps.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »

Thanks a lot guys, just what i needed to know  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Gonna get the heated version also, so my buns are warm and toastie...what the hell, why not!
Ride free brothers!

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

Go for it,  it is very good quality seat ,  I have it on my FLHRC 2011 , it puts you 1/12 inch back and 1 inch lower versus the stock seat , I am planning to put it on my new 2015 street glide CVO , I hope soon.

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »

Another pic

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 06:27:56 PM »

Sweet,
you gonna swap exhaust cans over to the new streety also? Those bars are mega, had 14" wild ones on mine,yours look like 16"ers.
Ride free brothers!

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 12:58:43 AM »

Sweet,
you gonna swap exhaust cans over to the new streety also? Those bars are mega, had 14" wild ones on mine,yours look like 16"ers.

Yes, that's the plan to sweep  the headers and cans , still did not makeup my mind on the fuel management tuner , in Egypt where I live  we do not have Dyno tuners so probably will go for HD SESP.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 01:16:29 PM »

Yeah thats a good tuner, but i always like the power vision , the SEST is a bit limited over here in uk as no one on the dyno's can work with it, however the dealers in the states were showing me they have all the software to get into the "brains" of the map and can work well with that tuner.

Dynojet has a lot of maps for most exhaust  set ups now, which have been run on dyno's and tested, anyway its one one of the best tuners you can work with this side of the water, power commander i think is better but since you have no dyno, power vision might be good for you. :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 03:39:22 PM »

Yeah thats a good tuner, but i always like the power vision , the SEST is a bit limited over here in uk as no one on the dyno's can work with it, however the dealers in the states were showing me they have all the software to get into the "brains" of the map and can work well with that tuner.

Dynojet has a lot of maps for most exhaust  set ups now, which have been run on dyno's and tested, anyway its one one of the best tuners you can work with this side of the water, power commander i think is better but since you have no dyno, power vision might be good for you. :2vrolijk_21:
thanks for the advice

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.