Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brake Pedal Question  (Read 1366 times)

harleyman78

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

Brake Pedal Question
« on: July 15, 2020, 09:10:32 AM »

Ok, so I am attempting to address the dreaded lower brake pedal on my 15 CVO RGU (obviously with lowers).  I am 6'4" so this pedal is that much harder for me to hit.  So after doing a ton of research, I landed that the EZ Brake looked the best to me with the lowering and angle....to which I find they are no longer in business.  :soapbox: :soapbox:

So, what are the best options left after that???  I see that Kury makes one, but many say it does VERY little if anything at all.  I know Softbrake has one, but is really expensive $160!?  I also see one from HTTMT that is reasonable at $80 but don't find much on it info wise.

I don't mean to rehash this topic, but with the exit of EZ Brake in the market, seems like options are limited to just looking for current feedback please.

AND if anyone has an EZ Brake they would like to unload I am super interested!!!

Thank in advance everyone!
2008 Ultra CVO Screaming Eagle - SOLD
2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
Re: Brake Pedal Question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 11:02:49 AM »

Look up SoftBrake motorcycle pedal. They will have what your looking for.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 06:16:55 PM »

Yes. Softbrake.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 09:44:54 AM »

This is the link to the Softbrake pedal with 1" length AND width extensions.  It is expensive, and you also need to get a spacer kit to move the footboard outboard as well.

https://softbrake.com/product/softbrakes-extended-brake-lever-holesdrilled-1-w-2014-present/

I have a feeling we will see a lot of aftermarket companies disappear, just like the EZ brake folks.  The market is rapidly shrinking, and there are thousands of Harley aftermarket companies out there competing for a piece of that smaller market.  Many have already disappeared, many more will do so I fear.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »

I have a feeling we will see a lot of aftermarket companies disappear, just like the EZ brake folks.  The market is rapidly shrinking, and there are thousands of Harley aftermarket companies out there competing for a piece of that smaller market.  Many have already disappeared, many more will do so I fear.

Jerry

I agree.  Wish this would not be so but it seems to be inevitable.  I used EZ brake levers on a couple of bikes, they worked great & solved a problem that HD had ignored.  Good company, for me was a big improvement over stock.

As HD sells fewer bikes in the future & the market gets more fragmented (Indian, etc.) it gets tougher for aftermarket parts guys to cover costs by selling enough units.  Kury makes some things for some bikes & not others for that same reason as best I can tell. 

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

harleyman78

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »

This is the link to the Softbrake pedal with 1" length AND width extensions.  It is expensive, and you also need to get a spacer kit to move the footboard outboard as well.

https://softbrake.com/product/softbrakes-extended-brake-lever-holesdrilled-1-w-2014-present/

Jerry

Jerry how wide of a spacer kit do you need for this pedal?  I have a Kury kit on it now but I believe it is only 3/4", is that enough?  Also I assume this specific one will work with my lowers with no issue?

harleyman78

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »

Thank you all for the feedback.  Looks like softbrake it is, I will likely go with Jerry's link here and get one coming!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 06:58:11 PM »

Jerry how wide of a spacer kit do you need for this pedal?  I have a Kury kit on it now but I believe it is only 3/4", is that enough?  Also I assume this specific one will work with my lowers with no issue?

The kit they suggest is 3/4", so you should be good to go.  And yes, they say it is designed to work with lowers.\

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 08:32:42 PM »

I have 2 bikes with the Softbrake extended brake lever.   Jerry, I didn't have to make any adjustments on any floor boards.   It really went on easily. The best part for me is the angle. You don't have to kick up your ankle at all. It's much more flat and the comfort is the best part.   Stuart.

harleyman78

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 09:09:31 PM »

Thanks for the follow up Jerry, and everyone for the feedback and confirmation of what to get!

Shawrco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTC Vivid Black (soon to be for sale!)
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 09:18:32 AM »

I have been using the Softbrake setup on my CVO Roadglide for a while. Like you, I'm tall and the extended pedal with lower angle did the trick. I had to change the pedal pad (smaller) to work with lowers. Great setup .

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Joe B

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 11:20:57 AM »

On 2009 with lowers that vent doors that were removed, was able to use Softbrake +1” extended pedal

harleyman78

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »

On 2009 with lowers that vent doors that were removed, was able to use Softbrake +1” extended pedal

Thanks, that looks like exactly what I am after!

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.