CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

M8

(1/4) > >>

Singlebeam:

Well I have a 2017 CVO Street Glide and I have had it for one week today. So far I am very pleased with the bike. It is extremely different from any bike I have ever owned. It feels foreign to me. Like riding a gold wing or something...LOL...It's still bone stock with very low miles but I am impressed with it for the most part. Maybe the quietness of it has something to do with the foreign feeling. I love the throttle response/torque. I am 6'-3" and weigh 300#'s. It moves down the road with such ease. Passing cars is a mere twist of the throttle. I don't mean wide open throttle, just turn it a little more and she's gone. The radio is hands down 100% better than the one on the 13 CVO I had. The ride is better but with all the hype from moco about the new suspension I was expecting more. It's still not the ride I would like. If the bike pans out with no mechanical issues then I will keep it. After I get some trouble free miles on it I will start to modify it to my liking. The handle bars have got to go. I need taller bars. The rear shocks will be replaced with Ohlins. Hopefully that will fix the ride problem. Part of the ride problem is the hard tires, IMHO. They will last a lot of miles but you feel those miles with every bump. I will be getting softer tires when these need replacing. I will get less miles but the ride will be better. I am not sure that I will do anything other than a stage one maybe. I don't need loud, it runs fine as is, plus it will be less trouble in the long run with out worrying about a tuner/dyno/hp/tq/pipes/mufflers, etc. It will be my old man bike.....

GregKhougaz:
Did you check the cold air pressure in your tires?

Singlebeam:

--- Quote from: GregKhougaz on October 27, 2016, 06:19:54 PM ---Did you check the cold air pressure in your tires?

--- End quote ---

No but they the max. air pressure in them. I am not a fan of running low air pressure in tires even though it will help the ride to a degree. The tires are very hard and that's a lot of the problem.

BigLew:
You don't really have but a few options on tires unless you change the wheel size, if you have any

BigLew

Singlebeam:
Done my first oil change yesterday. Got 1130 miles on her. No problems with her to date, still got my fingers crossed...LOL...Hope this new engine works out. I have also got to get those handle bars changed out.  Just too low for me. Other than that it's been a real pleasure. I do find myself exceeding the speed limit quite often though. Just so smooth you don't realize how fast you are going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version