CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

M8 SE Stage IV 114 to 117 Kit

(1/4) > >>

FL land shark:
 I have seen some information on another sit on the M8 Stage IV 107/114 & 114"/117 but no pictures of the CNC Heads or the rest of the Kit ? Just of the new header pipe w/o Cat and Street Cannon mufflers with cat in them to keep them EPA legal?

Heatwave:
New CNC M8 Heads

CVOSGJoe:
Picture of New Ported heads

happyman:

--- Quote from: Heatwave on January 19, 2017, 01:00:47 PM ---New CNC M8 Heads

--- End quote ---
Stock  TB yet?  I heard there is a 64mm for the kit .

What happens if you use the new header and use the cannons that have no cat???

grc:

--- Quote from: happyman on January 19, 2017, 06:12:21 PM ---Stock  TB yet?  I heard there is a 64mm for the kit .

What happens if you use the new header and use the cannons that have no cat???

--- End quote ---

You would have voided your warranty.  The warranty remains in force as long as you use only the parts that comprise the legal kit that has been certified to meet emission standards.  Substitute anything else and the result is an illegal modification that voids the warranty.

Of course this begs the question of why Harley decided to move the cat from the header to the mufflers.  My guess is they know it's easier and cheaper for customers to swap mufflers later on versus changing out the headpipe assembly, and they are still playing that wink-wink game they always played in the past by labeling kits and parts Off Road Only, knowing full well 90 plus percent of those kits and parts were used on the street. 

Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version