Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: March On the Pentagon March 17, 2007 Washington, D.C.  (Read 5098 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: March On the Pentagon March 17, 2007 Washington, D.C.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 09:46:30 PM »

Dan,
The wall wasn't, thank God, defaced on the 27th...the a$$holes spray painted the steps of the Capitol Building...
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

Why are they a$$holes for that ? It's the freakin politicians the protestors should be going after. The steps of the Capitol Building are not sacred ground. Famous maybe, but sacred ?  Not with all the crooks and charletans that have walked them.

Just my $0.02

B B

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 12:37:31 AM »

So the wall wasn't defaced?  Was there a threat to do so?  Seems to me these folks from Rolling Thunder and other Vet groups ought to be pissed off about the state of affairs at Walter Reed, the proposed cut in VA funding and the piss poor way these kids injured in Iraq and Afghanistan are treated after they've served rather than worrying about the protestors.  That would be a great way for them to show support for the troops.  These conditions didn't occur overnight they've been building for years.  Six months or longer  to process a disability claim, people loosing homes, cars, kids on welfare, etc.  Didn't anyone figure these kids would add to the problem at the VA just as the Vietnam generation was reaching an age where their use of VA facilities would be increasing.  As I recall it took a matter of weeks to process my claim in 1970 and our troop levels in Vietnam and the strain on the system was 3 times what it is now.  WTF am I missing?  People ought to protest this war and the way it's been administered.  The mess at Walter Reed and with the VA is just more of the same.  Sorry for the rant but I cannot understand this blind support for our involvement in Iraq coupled with the notion that people opposed to it are "not supporting our troops" or somehow not patriotic.  I'll get down off my  :soapbox:

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »

Why are they a$$holes for that ? It's the freakin politicians the protestors should be going after. The steps of the Capitol Building are not sacred ground. Famous maybe, but sacred ?  Not with all the crooks and charletans that have walked them.

Just my $0.02

B B

BB,
I consider anyone that defaces someone else's property an a$$hole, sacred or not.  The capitol building may have crooks and liars and cheats inside...I'll give you that, but it's still the symbol of the government of this great country.  If they're pissed off at the politicians, then go after them.  Defacing something is not the way to do things.  There are ways to protest without being destructive.  JMO on that one.
Red
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:48:46 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »

So what is the appropriate way to say to our government we are mad as hell at putting us into Iraq, killing and maiming for life America's finest, and not taking care of them when they return home.  If going to Crawford Texas and camping out is wrong, if going to Washington is wrong, if voting out half the republicans in congress doesn't work, what is the appropriate way to be heard.

I sure hope we're beyond the "America, love it or leave it" mentality.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 12:28:03 PM »

So what is the appropriate way to say to our government we are mad as hell at putting us into Iraq, killing and maiming for life America's finest, and not taking care of them when they return home.  If going to Crawford Texas and camping out is wrong, if going to Washington is wrong, if voting out half the republicans in congress doesn't work, what is the appropriate way to be heard.

I sure hope we're beyond the "America, love it or leave it" mentality.
I don't think defacing something, regardless of what it is, is appropriate.  I never said going to Washington was wrong, hell, we have protests in DC almost every other week here it seems, but they aren't destructive.  There's no call for that.  When you start defacing or destroying things, the purpose of your protest gets lost in your actions.  I have no problems with protests, that's the American way, but I have no tolerance for being destructive.   The people did voice their displeasure over the war, by their vote.  That's why the Democrats are in charge of the Hill now and probably will win the Presidential election next year....
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 01:15:21 PM »

I don't think defacing something, regardless of what it is, is appropriate.  I never said going to Washington was wrong, hell, we have protests in DC almost every other week here it seems, but they aren't destructive.  There's no call for that.  When you start defacing or destroying things, the purpose of your protest gets lost in your actions.  I have no problems with protests, that's the American way, but I have no tolerance for being destructive.   The people did voice their displeasure over the war, by their vote.  That's why the Democrats are in charge of the Hill now and probably will win the Presidential election next year....
Red

Appears we are in agreement.   Defacing or otherwise destroying property is not my idea of an effective or appropriate protest.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »

Appears we are in agreement.   Defacing or otherwise destroying property is not my idea of an effective or appropriate protest.
Yepper ;)  Will you be making it to DC on the 17th? 
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 23 queries.