CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2017 CVO Streetglide--Excessive Heat in Footwell Area

(1/1)

lgcvo:
Anyone have a solution to this, when its over 75 degrees ,  my boots and lower legs heat up bad from lower radiator area

graygus:
Yes I got rid of the Cat Header and put on Rinehart Slimline and gave it a proper tune. Mine got so hot it melted all the adhesive in my wife's boot and her sole fell right off the boot. Just got back from a 2000 mile trip and no heat problems now even in 100 degree temps.

HDMIKETN64:
I have only put 550 miles on my new 17 CVO Limited, but I definitely noticed that my right boot got very hot when it was on the floorboard. I am still deciding what I'm going to do with the exhaust. I'm an old D & D guy, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the sound of their pipes on the M8. Until I decide, I bought CFR slip on mufflers and they sound okay.

Anyone know for sure if the H-D warranty will be impacted if you change head pipes and remove the converter? I've heard that you might have problems.

lgcvo:

--- Quote from: lgcvo on July 09, 2017, 10:24:08 AM ---Anyone have a solution to this, when its over 75 degrees ,  my boots and lower legs heat up bad from lower radiator area

--- End quote ---

Great feedback , appreciate any further info here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version