Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My New Seat  (Read 4069 times)

WRE4U

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE3
My New Seat
« on: June 07, 2018, 08:25:31 AM »

After searching, trying different demo seats and looking for quite awhile, I decided to add gel and recover my original seat,  I also ordered a sheepskin cover which will be here soon.  This is how it looks on the bike now....

More to come later when the sheepskin arrives!
2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail
Convertible  FLSTSE3

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: My New Seat
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 11:22:04 AM »

Looks good. How did the color matching come out? Hard to tell in the photograph.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 10:01:05 AM »

Looks like a perfect match to the lawnmower. 👍
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 12:11:07 AM »

Hey Wre4U,
I have the same bike and color which I love. I have been thinking of doing something with the seat also. Who did the work? It does look good. It also looks a little more cushiony than the original. I think our convertible color is closer to a burgundy than red. Trying to find a matching red color is not easy. Your new cover looks a little more sporty than the original. I do like the look of the original seat cover. Mine has a little of a worn look to it after just surpassing 50K miles all of which were ridden with my butt in that seat. There is a history between me and that seat cover. I think I would have the gel inserted into the original seat cover. Hope it gives you many miles of comfortable riding. Enjoy and Stay Safe.

trevor11cvo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 01:13:20 AM »

That seat looks really nice!!  i had that on my blue 11 cvo...except black with blue center.

WRE4U

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE3
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »

Hey Wre4U,
I have the same bike and color which I love. I have been thinking of doing something with the seat also. Who did the work? It does look good. It also looks a little more cushiony than the original. I think our convertible color is closer to a burgundy than red. Trying to find a matching red color is not easy. Your new cover looks a little more sporty than the original. I do like the look of the original seat cover. Mine has a little of a worn look to it after just surpassing 50K miles all of which were ridden with my butt in that seat. There is a history between me and that seat cover. I think I would have the gel inserted into the original seat cover. Hope it gives you many miles of comfortable riding. Enjoy and Stay Safe.
Hey Rose
Had it done here locally in Wilmington, NC by an auto reupholster.  They added some filler to the backrest part, added gel to the seat area, and cut out some to relieve pressure on the tailbone then covered it in my choice of a pleather like material.  All in all I'm very happy with the finished product.....cost was $300 to do.  When looking at the other vendors (Corbin, C&C, Mean City, etc) I felt this better suited me.  I would have chosen a color closer to burgundy if I were to do it all over again, but it is 100% better than it was.  I'm now going to match the saddlebags to the seat color.
2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail
Convertible  FLSTSE3

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.