Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

Things I have done (so far) with my 07 since I got it in April

<< < (2/3) > >>

Chopdoc:

--- Quote from: highwayking on November 17, 2019, 04:46:28 PM ---I have the same bike and I am sure that the front wheel and rotors are not stock. You say the tour pak was factory with quick disconnect and no antenna holes. I'm not aware that was even an option from the factory. I'm also guessing that the speakers are not connected to an amp anymore, but if they are I would like to know where the amp is located now. I have almost 50K miles on mine now and have had done a few engine upgrades including Screamin' Eagle compensator, S&S lifters and SE adjustable pushrods. The bike runs great and is very comfortable on long rides. You may want to put those lowers back on this winter. They do a good job of keeping your legs protected from the wind. In my opinion, the candy cherry and black ice color combination is the best looking CVO Harley ever produced.

--- End quote ---

Hi-

That's right, there are no antenna holes in the tour pak.  As far as I can tell, it came from Harley that way.  I have no idea if it was an available option or something a dealer ordered somehow. It does plug in and the controls work.  I believe the amp was deleted.  It is all very tidy and looks factory or at least pro, not a hack job.

I'm in Florida, not really into the lowers. 

I have no idea about the front wheel but it does match the back one.

I am not into CVOs so I am not worried about it being original.  And at the price I got it for I am not so worried about retaining value.  I agree about the colors, it's what attracted me to the bike.

iski:
Nice bike, I bought a 2007 new, same color.

Somebody removed the amp when they added the quick detach tour pack  kit.  The tour pack was fixed - stock - from factory, amp was under the tour pack.

Chopdoc:

--- Quote from: iski on May 31, 2020, 01:08:16 PM ---Nice bike, I bought a 2007 new, same color.

Somebody removed the amp when they added the quick detach tour pack  kit.  The tour pack was fixed - stock - from factory, amp was under the tour pack.

--- End quote ---

That's what everyone says except those who see the bike in person.  There were never antenna holes in the tour pak and there was never an amp mounted.

Ironhorse:
I’ve used those Hookers before, they make a great sound when you get on them. One bit of advice, keep them lubed, otherwise the screws get seized and you can’t rotate the tuning core.

timo482:
i finally had time to dig.. 14 hour days do this.....  the cvo leather tour pak DID have antennas.. they were on pods that were bolted to the back of the tour pak with very small screws. they also came with a electric lock and a amp.. 100 percent.  if that stuff is not there, a: it was all removed, or b: it really was not a cvo and was added to.  you could also have a purchased new plain leather tour pak that replaced the complex one and they sold the complex one.  lots of folks removed the amps when the bikes were brand new - and then removed the amp harness [amp with harness could be sold for real money, amp with no harness is a block of scrap metal]  - its a pretty simple add on harness and can be removed complete in a couple of hours. if my memory is correct it only has a signal on line to the head unit, no sound comes to the amp from the head unit, it all piggy backed onto the non amp speaker outputs. there was also a sidecar amp that could be on a o7 that had speaker output to the sidecar - a really rare piece. but now quite old

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version