Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTB Rain Suit  (Read 2469 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
WTB Rain Suit
« on: December 10, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »

So who makes the best rain suit based on; Keeping me Dry, Easy to get off and on and easy to store? Tire of messing with the old Harley one. Really hard to get the bibs over my boots, but I do like the bibs!

BigLew

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: WTB Rain Suit
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »

I've rode with the Tour Master Elite 2, two piece rain suit for years and have never got wet.....not even in 8 hr. downpours.  The pants have zippered legs that go up above your boot tops and then velcro tight around the cuff.  The jacket is breathable (doesn't stick to you), vented, soft collar velcros firm around your neck right up under your full face or modular helmet.

Now it looks like the Tour Master Elite 3. 

https://www.tourmaster.com/rainsuits
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 05:26:30 PM »

Loved our HD hi-vis stuff but it finally gave up the ghost. Replaced them with Icon brand. One thing I check out when looking for rain gear is how far up the leg that zipper goes. The longer the zipper, the easier it is to put on and take off. The zippers on these go clear up to the top of the inseam (the zipper is on the outside though) which makes it very simple to deal with.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 06:07:29 PM »

I agree with OBB's good advice.   I bought Nelson-Rigg's WeatherPro rainsuits for the wife and me several years ago...they work, but not the easiest to put on.  Did get a little seepage around the neck area but it was during the heaviest of downpours I have ever ridden through.
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 08:42:10 PM »

Lew if you want to see rain suits first hand, Harley dealerships is not the place to go.  Honda, BMW and other mfgs. as well as places like Cycle Gear, Renagades, etc. will have a better variety and inventory.

By the way, the best rain suit is Gerbing XE  (eXtreme Element) heated pants and jacket.    I quit carrying a rain suit after I got the XE gear......it's dual purpose and much more comfortable.  I usually just wear a t-shirt under it unless it's down around freezing temps......then I might wear a long sleeve t-shirt.  Pricey but well worth it!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:45:53 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 08:53:15 PM »

Lew if you want to see rain suits first hand, Harley dealerships is not the place to go.  Honda, BMW and other mfgs. as well as places like Cycle Gear, Renagades, etc. will have a better variety and inventory.

By the way, the best rain suit is Gerbing XE  (eXtreme Element) heated pants and jacket.    I quit carrying a rain suit after I got the XE gear......it's dual purpose and much more comfortable.  I usually just wear a t-shirt under it unless it's down around freezing temps......then I might wear a long sleeve t-shirt.  Pricey but well worth it!

What lab did the testing and how are they verified to say they're the best?  :P
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 11:25:03 PM »

What lab did the testing and how are they verified to say they're the best?  :P

The JC lab and I verified it!   :P

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 09:48:45 AM »

I've had great luck with my Gerbing custom made ultimate riding suit, always dry and toasty.  I got a lot of miles on it here in the pacific northwest where we are known for our rain.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 05:11:10 PM »

I have great luck with my Military issued Gore tex rain jacket and pants, Never get wet ever... I even use it for hiking when raining... It can be purchased at an Army Navy store online or in the store of course... Fairly decent priced and made in the 🇺🇸.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 05:13:30 PM by scotman623 »

vtwinjim

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 12:04:16 AM »

Tour Master Elite 2 and 3 have worked well for me. You can mix and match pant and jacket sizes. A little bulky to pack compared to the simple suits.

I use plastic grocery bags over my boots when putting on the bibs. They slide on quick and easy.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 09:42:38 PM »

I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Cooch366

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 23 queries.