CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Shark EVO-One 2

(1/2) > >>

FLSTFI Dave:
I have been looking for a couple months at a replacement Modular helmet for my 6 year old Shark Evoline 3.  I have looked at the Schuberth C3 and C4.  C4 seemed like to much money to have to take speakers out to go with my BOOM.  C3 had pressure points by my temples.

I also looked at the Shoei Neotec 2 which seemed to be a very nice helmet.  It came down it it and the Shark EVO One 2 helmet.  In the end it came down to the Shark for a few reasons.  I had been mostly happy with my old Shark, and it seems like the issues I had with the old Shark had been addressed on the new helmet.  The rain seal for the visor is much better on the new helmet, and will not fold over like the old one.  The visor now has an included Pinlock.  The sun shade has a better open and close mechanism.  Also the vents are bigger and better on the new one. 

I also like the fact it can be worn as a 3/4.  This makes having a snack or getting a drink while riding down the interstate much easier.  Here it is as 3/4

FLSTFI Dave:
Chin bar flipped to front, full face

BigLew:
Is it lighter than the first on?

BigLew

FLSTFI Dave:
Rode 274 miles yesterday with this helmet.  Weight is slightly less then the first one, but not much.  About the same as the Shoei Neotec 2.

The Chin bar work better and so does the face shield than the first, both open and close easier.  The sun visor also work easier than the first one and is more coverage. The Pinlock does work pretty well.

Its not as quiet at 70 mph as I would like but its not bad, there's is some wind noise.  Visibility out of the helmet is good.

iski:
Thanks for the review.  Will take another look at this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version