Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A ride up The Devel......the original US 666  (Read 4577 times)

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: A ride up The Devel......the original US 666
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »

JCZ, great pics. when Tony & I did our 9k+ trip we came from Chandler,Az thru Globe & into White River Reservation as well. Loved twisting into the canyons. My wife's family adopted a full-blooded Apache girl from there back in the late 60's. so, they have a connection to the area. we actually stopped in the village & bought some things for them. grat ride pics, to drum up memories.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 09:49:33 PM »

JC, thanks for the ride report.  Looks like another area to put on "the list".  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »

JC, thanks for the ride report.  Looks like another area to put on "the list".  :2vrolijk_21:

Blair let me know when you two are ready to head down this way.  Don & Carole live in Tucson now and Babe and I live in Sahuarita, Ariz (about twenty miles south of Tucson).   And you may remember during the redwood GTG we rode over to Tom's house in Shelter Cove (a three story house that he'd just bought and wasn't finished yet).  He and a lady that he had met there in Shelter Cove now live in Green Valley, about six miles from Babe and I.  None of it was planned, we just kind of all ended up in the same area.  Come on down......let's ride.  But not in the middle of summer!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 10:27:28 PM »

I hear you on the not in summer. As we get older our tolerance for riding in the heat gets less and less.  Did Death Valley years back at 115ish and that was enough for me. And that wasn't even the heat of summer  :o  Yes do remember Tom from the Redwoods GTG. Shelter Cove to Arizona is quite the change in weather.  Do they even have fog in Arizona  :P  We'll definitely let you know if/when we head down that way. Say hi to Babe and to Don and Carole.  (hi Don if you are reading this).

B.
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 09:59:06 AM »

I hear you on the not in summer. As we get older our tolerance for riding in the heat gets less and less.  Did Death Valley years back at 115ish and that was enough for me. And that wasn't even the heat of summer  :o  Yes do remember Tom from the Redwoods GTG. Shelter Cove to Arizona is quite the change in weather.  Do they even have fog in Arizona  :P  We'll definitely let you know if/when we head down that way. Say hi to Babe and to Don and Carole.  (hi Don if you are reading this).

B.

No, no fog over here.  And I went through that heat thing the past five-eight years.  Each year it seemed like I was able to tolerate heat less and less.  We got here in Oct. and had a few 90F days least year and it didn't bother me like 80F would in California.  Maybe there is something to that "it's dry heat" claim.  It got up to 85F the other day when Don and I were on this ride and no issues.  I mean none.....not even just a feeeling of "man it's hot".  I can see now why everybody from California retires in Arizona. 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2020, 08:29:57 PM »

Thanks for the pics JC. Dang that a good looking Yellow bike
Most great stores start with a bad decision

2ROWDY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 03:31:14 PM »

I rode the Devil's hwy last summer. The White mountains are beautiful. I want to do it again. Yes, the mine is amazing to see at Morenci.
2005 FLHTCSE2, RINEHART TRUE DUALS, FUEL MOTO AC/DC AIR CLEANER, DYNOJET POWER VISION FROM FUEL MOTO.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 06:47:29 AM »

We rode Springerville to Morenci two Years ago on one of our western trips.  We just loved the ride, it was four couples.  We all agreed the ride would be better going Morenci to Springerville.  So last summer on our trip to Southern Utah our planned route was going to take us up it.  Sadly when we got there 191 as closed just north of the mine for road repairs.  We will be back.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.