Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: My Dyno number look correct?  (Read 3711 times)

Vpreef

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Re: My Dyno number look correct?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 06:51:17 AM »

I Agree with HDSP, your setup is less than stellar for an M8 motor with what you've done. You asked for critique and indicated that you didn't think what you had was right. A well known builder gave you what you asked for and now you seem to want to be irritated with his opinion.
He didn't say the parts were no good he said they weren't the best when working together and I agree. Of course only my opinion.
I may be wrong but I believe the tuner that you used will only compensate fuel delivery in a small segmented application and will not allow for any timing changes, again, I could be wrong. Last I knew the tuning software for the full range tuners was still not available for the 21's. I haven't looked in a bit maybe someone else knows if this has changed?

Im not irritated, not sure why you assume that.

So the headers, Mufflers and Cam are not ideal for an M8, so curious as to why some get good HP from a 114 and my 117 was poor. Same Cam, Same pipes 🤷‍♂️. But being a different Cam and V&H headers would be a stellar setup? Would be good to see if Anyone has any proof of this on a 21, 117?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 09:54:44 AM »

It’s a pretty far stretch to see 2 different bikes show the same dyno chart numbers.
Even the same bike on 2 different dyno’s.

Your torque curve looks pretty decent, keep the combo you have, don’t worry about the numbers and just ride it.

Both of my big motors have the “potential” for bigger numbers, but both are nice riding bikes with “restricted “ mufflers, etc that work well for ME.

JMHO
HOGMIKE

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 12:01:13 PM »

This is a 19. It is stock heads and tb but I bored it up to 120. A cheap build with big results.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:06:48 PM by HD Street Performance »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 07:44:12 PM »

Your torque curve looks pretty decent, keep the combo you have, don’t worry about the numbers and just ride it.

That's it in a nutshell.  Too many folks get caught up in "chasing numbers".  That curve looks very fun to ride, a nice broad band of torque across the riding range.  No sense tearing it apart and changing stuff just to get a few more numbers,

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »

There are so many variables. It's hard to tell what's going on.

For example: I have a setup similar to what HD Street Performance recommended in my 117. CR480, Vance & Hines Power Duals, and S&S Grand Nationals with decibel reducers in to keep low end torque. The bike made 112/128 in a 5th gear pull.

Now my friend's bike with a 114, three cubes smaller with the S&S 475 cam, decatted stock header, and same slip-ons as me, Grand Nationals with decibel reducers. BOTH bikes tuned by the SAME person....his 5th gear pull was 116/129. Maybe the conditions were right for a few more ponies? Who knows. I know that if my bike had 3 more HP on paper, I probably wouldn't notice.

I'll also say this: I'm no expert but your torque curve with that exhaust combination seems to be defying all rules when it comes to performance. Theoretically there should be a massive low/mid range dip. Yours hits hard and keeps going. If it feels good, ride on!
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

99 Blue flame

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue flame
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 08:40:49 PM »

How much difference between Corrected HP and uncorrected HP?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 08:47:27 AM »

How much difference between Corrected HP and uncorrected HP?

Typically about -3
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2021, 08:51:59 AM »

Im not irritated, not sure why you assume that.

So the headers, Mufflers and Cam are not ideal for an M8, so curious as to why some get good HP from a 114 and my 117 was poor. Same Cam, Same pipes 🤷‍♂️. But being a different Cam and V&H headers would be a stellar setup? Would be good to see if Anyone has any proof of this on a 21, 117?

My apologizes if I misread your reply.
I think the biggest culprit in your results is the tuner, or lack thereof. Unfortunately, nothing to do for this until they get it figured out for the 2021's.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 23 queries.