Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 128 upgrade 2020 CVO Street Glide  (Read 8825 times)

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Re: 128 upgrade 2020 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 01:19:42 PM »

NEW WM8 Knight Prowler 22XE CAM.
10 MORE HP & 5 lbs TORQUE Over the 22X!!!!

This from https://www.woodcarbs.com/ site

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »

I’m thinking the 22 XE and the RS468 are very similar. I really like the look of the dyno sheets with the 22XE. Killer bottom end but pulls out to the right better then the 22X. What size are your baffles? What is the compression ratio on your current build? At the end of the day,  Sheets are sheets, all that matters is the smile on your face when you rip it:)

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 02:01:20 PM »

I looked at that 22 XE as well and it's on Woods site now. Although their site is so old it makes my Grandmother look young! They have pic from 2013 Torque Battles as the most current!

Anyway, The baffles are stock (non-removable) 4.5" Street Cannon slip-ons. When I went to my buddies house for Memorial day, I swapped my slip-ons for his older (2017) Street Cannons or whatever the Screaming Eagle ones were then because with the Fuel Moto header, really makes the "Glasspack" rapping sound when you have a load on it and a big rap when your on it hard. I hatted it so much I was going to get a pair of Khrome Werks pipes and he said here just put these on so I did. Much better and it actually had better pull with the quieter pipes on.

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 10:12:31 PM »

Not surprised. Big baffles rob low end power👍🏻

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 05:58:18 AM »

Not surprised. Big baffles rob low end power👍🏻
Very True, yet most choose the mufflers with the 2.5" or bigger baffles that hurt low end torque for the sake of the sound they want.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2020, 08:48:50 AM »

Your headpipe is fine. My go to mufflers are Cobra 909 or Fullsack and recore the stock mufflers, then you get a choice of baffles. The torque variety are 1.75 and 2" which a mild cam M8 will like.

Tail Rider

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 06:31:14 AM »

I'd like to eliminate that immediate dip in torque and have a higher overall torque gain.
The SE-498 cam is just not one that is going to lend itself to bottom end torque...as mentioned before, your graph is off a bit from right side to left, as the numbers on the scaling are off. It also shows "UNCORRECTED" not an SAE run so you results are showing a bit higher than others you are trying to compare to.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:37:24 AM by Tail Rider »

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2020, 10:42:26 AM »

I had not noticed this "Uncorrected" statement. I wonder if he has the ability to do that? It's a self-made dyno with old software.

Anyway update..

So after I made it home from the Memorial Weekend and riding hard with my buddy. It was making a pretty good valve train noise like a leaked down lifter(s) in a car. I had rode it the day before without noticing it but the morning I had to leave to travel back 400 miles, I started the bike and I could hear it but with the bike cold, oil thick it was much quieter so I thought it was ok.. I get about 15 miles away and stop for gas and there is the vlave train noise. I checked the oil again, perfect, and rode it home. I called my new build connection and told him I'd like him to hear my bike. He listened to it and said, "You better not think about riding that". SO I left it there.

I went to see him after it was apart and the cam lobes were worn down (5k mile on the bike) and the cam bolt broke with indications it was hitting the cam chest cover. No other indications of any damage yet. He's going to scope the cylinders to see if there has been any damage there. No indications of metal in the oil except for small finings on the plug which I assume was from the cam but no chunks of damage. He doens't think anything is wrong up top but he's going to take this apart as well to make sure it's all ok up there.

Unknown what the issues were but in my opinion, the lifters gave up. Any thoughts? I don't have a pic of the cam but if you can imaging the round shaft being smooth and the start of and round the center tip back down to the shaft, looks like a piece of 400 grit sandpaper with a little sharp edge on the cam edges.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2020, 11:06:30 AM »

That metal travels. A full teardown is now needed to fix it right. What happened is not all that relevant but the method to get it fixed and what parts are inspected and replaced is as well. Plus a full flush of all the oiling system is imperative. That metal gets into the rods as well.

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2020, 11:06:54 AM »

Hi I saw your response but wasn't able to respond at that time.

How should this oil flush happen? Just change the oil filter a few times or oil and filter? Seems the filter and the magnet would pick anything up in 500 miles?

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2020, 07:04:45 AM »

So I had this kit installed (Fuel Moto 128 10.75 to 1 compression with Jackpot header, Wood’s 22XE cam, stock throttle body and heads and fullsac 2.25 baffles , we loaded the base map from Fuel Moto And ran 3 auto tune sessions On the Power Vision, the AFR was only off by 1.5%, so the map was on the money! This is the nicest running smoothest bike I have ever owned. The power is Effort less and everywhere, it runs smoother then stock. I was going to have it dyno tuned but it runs so well I’m afraid to mess with it LOL. I like the sound of the Fullsac 2.25 baffles way more then I thought I would. Sound clips do them 0 justice. This set up is perfect for a bagger, super strong low end but carries way out. It almost feels like a VVT set up:)

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2020, 07:50:39 AM »

1RoadKing,

That's great news. Glad to see everything is working as you "Didn't expect" and are extremely happy.

So update on mine. My bike wasn't done last Friday as I had hoped. He is still waiting on the economy to get back to normal so when someone orders parts, the manufacture has them and they can be delivered.. So I also spoke to two big Internet builders that we all watch their videos from. They both said it's unclear what may have been done to any Babbit(?) bearings on the crank. My original issue when this first started was my Stage 3 installed from the dealer with 6 miles on the bike failed because they never put a tune on the bike. This caused the bike to run extremely hot (like hot as Hell) and it scored the cylinders badly. HD replaced the CYlinders, pistons, and rings and called it a day. Well as it turns out, this may have caused issues that would occur down the road which is now! My cam (SE498) lost it's temper and disintegrated. From speaking to these builders, they said there is an issue with HD Lifter Bore size where they have an accepted tolerance of 1.5 thow - 3.5 thow and when you get over 2.5, the lifter is unable to get proper oiling into it because of the nature of how this oil is injected into the lifter. If there is too great of clearance between the lifter and the bore, there is no way for the oil to get into the lifter because the bore is too far away from the lifter to force the oil into it. Thus the lifter while it's traveling up and down leaks down with not enough oil, and causes the pushrods to be loose and cause valve train issues.

I think here is where my bike is. The guy working on it is checking the bores of the lifters, checking the cylinders to see if they are OK. So we'll see if they pushrods come in and my bike is done by Friday..

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 09:31:40 AM »

Lifter bores? Well there are far bigger problems than that which should be focused on. If not this motor will never be right by performing partial repairs.
A flush means while the engine is out the oil cooler is flushed with clean fluid such as kerosene, all passages that lead to the pan flushed, the pan removed and replaced. After a failure like you described a new long block or a full tear down and most of the major components should be inspected and/or replaced.

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »

That should have been my expectation, Harley's commitment to making sure this was right after this happened the first time. Now I'm left holding the bag.

how2

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2020, 07:57:31 AM »

I have pipes for you bike call me   732 600 2274 the ones you are going to put on. look at the selling form on this sight
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.