CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

128 upgrade 2020 CVO Street Glide

<< < (6/8) > >>

1roadking:
So I had this kit installed (Fuel Moto 128 10.75 to 1 compression with Jackpot header, Wood’s 22XE cam, stock throttle body and heads and fullsac 2.25 baffles , we loaded the base map from Fuel Moto And ran 3 auto tune sessions On the Power Vision, the AFR was only off by 1.5%, so the map was on the money! This is the nicest running smoothest bike I have ever owned. The power is Effort less and everywhere, it runs smoother then stock. I was going to have it dyno tuned but it runs so well I’m afraid to mess with it LOL. I like the sound of the Fullsac 2.25 baffles way more then I thought I would. Sound clips do them 0 justice. This set up is perfect for a bagger, super strong low end but carries way out. It almost feels like a VVT set up:)

2019CVONH:
1RoadKing,

That's great news. Glad to see everything is working as you "Didn't expect" and are extremely happy.

So update on mine. My bike wasn't done last Friday as I had hoped. He is still waiting on the economy to get back to normal so when someone orders parts, the manufacture has them and they can be delivered.. So I also spoke to two big Internet builders that we all watch their videos from. They both said it's unclear what may have been done to any Babbit(?) bearings on the crank. My original issue when this first started was my Stage 3 installed from the dealer with 6 miles on the bike failed because they never put a tune on the bike. This caused the bike to run extremely hot (like hot as Hell) and it scored the cylinders badly. HD replaced the CYlinders, pistons, and rings and called it a day. Well as it turns out, this may have caused issues that would occur down the road which is now! My cam (SE498) lost it's temper and disintegrated. From speaking to these builders, they said there is an issue with HD Lifter Bore size where they have an accepted tolerance of 1.5 thow - 3.5 thow and when you get over 2.5, the lifter is unable to get proper oiling into it because of the nature of how this oil is injected into the lifter. If there is too great of clearance between the lifter and the bore, there is no way for the oil to get into the lifter because the bore is too far away from the lifter to force the oil into it. Thus the lifter while it's traveling up and down leaks down with not enough oil, and causes the pushrods to be loose and cause valve train issues.

I think here is where my bike is. The guy working on it is checking the bores of the lifters, checking the cylinders to see if they are OK. So we'll see if they pushrods come in and my bike is done by Friday..

HD Street Performance:
Lifter bores? Well there are far bigger problems than that which should be focused on. If not this motor will never be right by performing partial repairs.
A flush means while the engine is out the oil cooler is flushed with clean fluid such as kerosene, all passages that lead to the pan flushed, the pan removed and replaced. After a failure like you described a new long block or a full tear down and most of the major components should be inspected and/or replaced.

2019CVONH:
That should have been my expectation, Harley's commitment to making sure this was right after this happened the first time. Now I'm left holding the bag.

how2:
I have pipes for you bike call me   732 600 2274 the ones you are going to put on. look at the selling form on this sight

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version