Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

FXR2 Red Bike Walk-Around

(1/4) > >>

Twolanerider:
After being pimped in to showing off a walk-around of the SERK it seems prudent to be thorough and do one of the FXR also to complete the trio.  Guess it's a good thing don't still have the old SEEG.  Gawd knows what else might have been done or re-done to it by now....

So back to the FXR; which, by the way, has become my favorite local rider bike.  Just way fun.  Playing around on the comparatively light little bike is a hoot.  Even more so after having got it really dialed in over it's first year or so of owning it.

The FXRs signature tank.  Really its most distinctive feature to make it recognizably the 99 recast of the FXR as CVO for any of the colors.

Twolanerider:
When it got to me the front wheel was rotted from the inside out.  So new lots-o-spoke American Wire tubeless piece.  It balances out really well. 

Twolanerider:
THE ORIGINAL SINGLE PUCK BRAKES S U C K E D .  My gawd it's easy to forget just how bad those old brakes used to be.  Even my old ass could outride those brakes.  So something better and all the braided brake lines and speedo cable to go with it (and all the handmade spacers to make the aftermarket wheel and brakes all play well in the forks with the mechanical speedo adapter).  Now it's all good, has run several thousands of miles, and it actually stops!

Twolanerider:
The bike came to me with forward controls.  All but unrideable for me.  Definitely unrideable for any extended length of time.  Found all the parts for cop bike floor boards. Soooo much better.  For me even better than its stock mid controls would have been.

Twolanerider:
Just a general profile.  It had a beach bar on it when I got it.  That sucked too.  SAC grips for comfort with bars that fit me.  Windshield added.  The braided spoons.  It fits me well now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version