Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: My dealer got the axe dammit!  (Read 3234 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
My dealer got the axe dammit!
« on: October 21, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »

according to their Facebook page, Freedom Harley-Davidson in North Canton Ohio will no longer be an HD dealership effective November 1st 2020. I have never had a bad thing to say about this dealer and the service department has always taken great care of me. their Facebook post says that they will no longer be doing any warranty work either dammit. Now I have to find another shop that works with HD warranty to get my 15 taken care of as I'm not about to start wrenching on that damn thing myself. With the history of the 110 CVO engine and that GT radio that's in it, I like to keep a warranty on that bike.

https://www.facebook.com/freedomhd/

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: My dealer got the axe dammit!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »

Any shop can do after market service agreement (extended warranty) once the original factory warranty expires.

What are they switching to, Indian?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »

I was talking to my dealer about 2 weeks ago, and he stated that HD is (has) closing up to 100 dealerships?
I know since they are not shipping product to some dealers, and those dealers need inventory to survive,
they may be closing themselves! Some of these dealers have very large mortgages.

Sad state of affairs!

The "TAZMUN"

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »

according to their Facebook page, Freedom Harley-Davidson in North Canton Ohio will no longer be an HD dealership effective November 1st 2020. I have never had a bad thing to say about this dealer and the service department has always taken great care of me. their Facebook post says that they will no longer be doing any warranty work either dammit. Now I have to find another shop that works with HD warranty to get my 15 taken care of as I'm not about to start wrenching on that damn thing myself. With the history of the 110 CVO engine and that GT radio that's in it, I like to keep a warranty on that bike.

https://www.facebook.com/freedomhd/

Sent from my boring Droid phone.I have bought two bikes from them. Smiths owned it I think. They screwed me over a few times and his son was the service manager and he did also. Got mad at me and left brake fluid all over my 2003 SERK hand grips , handlebars and gas tank. when I went to see senior he said" all i can say is sorry". He never told me he was sorry... Glad he's gone. I feel said he made any money there. Would have like to see him lose it all... But hey i'm a nice guy....

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »

Is this location a fully accredited / contracted (whatever Harley calls it) dealership or is it what Harley calls a Secondary Retail Location (SRL) operating off a full dealership?  Our local dealer lost his SRL location which was about 20 miles from the mother dealership.  I know Harley has pulled the plug on many SRLs but maybe now full dealerships also.  I was surprised to learn from my dealer that there really are not any protections in the dealership contract.  They can lose their dealership contract at will - Harley's will that is.  Kind of like at 'at will' employee who can be terminated at any time for any reason with no recourse.  If I were a dealer I'd be afraid, very afraid right about now.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 04:25:16 PM »

Is this location a fully accredited / contracted (whatever Harley calls it) dealership or is it what Harley calls a Secondary Retail Location (SRL) operating off a full dealership?  Our local dealer lost his SRL location which was about 20 miles from the mother dealership.  I know Harley has pulled the plug on many SRLs but maybe now full dealerships also.  I was surprised to learn from my dealer that there really are not any protections in the dealership contract.  They can lose their dealership contract at will - Harley's will that is.  Kind of like at 'at will' employee who can be terminated at any time for any reason with no recourse.  If I were a dealer I'd be afraid, very afraid right about now.
Full blown dealership. Not a satellite store.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 04:29:28 PM »

Any shop can do after market service agreement (extended warranty) once the original factory warranty expires.

What are they switching to, Indian?
Just an independent shop. Polaris dealer is about 3/4 mile up the road. It states right in the article I linked that they won't be doing warranty work. I don't have an answer for that yet but heading over there shortly.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »

Just an independent shop. Polaris dealer is about 3/4 mile up the road. It states right in the article I linked that they won't be doing warranty work. I don't have an answer for that yet but heading over there shortly.

As stated above they should still be able to perform extended warranty work as those are not administered though the regular Factory Warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 04:59:02 PM »

That sucks. I had not been to that dealer..They closed my local in March.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 07:23:12 PM »

Stopped by after work. They are only going to be open until they sell off everything, including the buildings. Anyone need any post lifts or a Dyno? Those will be for sale also.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 08:26:17 PM »

Stopped by after work. They are only going to be open until they sell off everything, including the buildings. Anyone need any post lifts or a Dyno? Those will be for sale also.

So where you going for service Hales?

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 08:47:29 PM »

So where you going for service Hales?

I've got a good Indy close that has been taking care of a few issues with the '12 that I'm happy with but is not on the ESP list of shops.  With the '15 being almost out of warranty I want to renew it for a few more years. There's another Indy in Uniontown that works with the ESP company so the '15 may go there. I like having a dealer paper trail on anything with a warranty as it just saves headaches when a claim arises. I may also consider Southeast in Cleveland as they come recommended as well.

None of the Mike Davis dealers will see a dime from me.

There's nothing stock on the '12 other than paint so I'm not even going to consider buying a warranty for that one. 

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »

Here in Canada the shops that will deal with ESP are few and far between.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 11:35:59 AM »

Brian’s Valley Forge and Chester Springs Harley-Davison both just west of philadelphia closed this month.

Covid-19 is really thinning the herd.

Both were what I would consider mom and pop family businesses that were purchased a few years ago by larger multi-location dealerships.

It will be interesting to see once we get back to normal if Harley opens any new dealerships?

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »

I've got a good Indy close that has been taking care of a few issues with the '12 that I'm happy with but is not on the ESP list of shops.  With the '15 being almost out of warranty I want to renew it for a few more years. There's another Indy in Uniontown that works with the ESP company so the '15 may go there. I like having a dealer paper trail on anything with a warranty as it just saves headaches when a claim arises. I may also consider Southeast in Cleveland as they come recommended as well.

None of the Mike Davis dealers will see a dime from me.

There's nothing stock on the '12 other than paint so I'm not even going to consider buying a warranty for that one. 

Good luck with Southeast HD, they replaced my tank under warranty, then they called me and said during the road test a rock fell from a bridge and guess where it landed? Yes on the new tank, they blamed ODOT because they where working on the bridge, also at the same time they tried to sell me brakes, didn’t need them, they where fine, they did replace the second tank with another new one, I guess they didn’t go under the bridge for a test ride this time

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.