CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2020 CVO Limited 131 upgrade

(1/7) > >>

DCFIREMANN:
Well I did pull the trigger on a new 2020 CVO Limited in Sand Dune. I only have 125 miles on the bike. But I am very impressed in the ride and the power. Never the less I am going to do a 131 upgrade. I'm not looking for big numbers.  I am going to use the Harley SE heads that came in the kit. I am also going to use the 64mm throttle body that came in the kit. Along with the build will be a Fueling race oil pump, cam plate, Cycle Rama 480 cam and SE pushrods. I am going to run a D&D Billet Cat exhaust. The clutch is going to be a Rekluse with a billet basket and a Baker Compensator. I am also going to run a T-MAX tuner and the Harley Street Tuner with auto tune. I am going to dyno the bike both ways just to see the comparison

I know a lot of people doing these big bore builds are using the HPI 62mm throttle body with there stock heads or modified stock heads. I just read an article on the Harley heads. The intake ports on the stock heads are larger then the ones on the SE heads that come in the kit. That is why Harley is using the 64mm throttle body in the kit. The smaller ports keep the velocity up for better cylinder fill. And the smaller 62mm throttle accomplishes the same with the larger stock ports.

After I finish the build it will most likely be tooooo cold to put any miles on the bike. So it will most likely be spring before I can get some break in miles on the motor. Then it will be off to the tread mill.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

HD Street Performance:
There are two versions of the SE CNC heads. The extreme  cnc heads are ok, on the 131. Aftermarket surpasses them using stock castings.

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote from: [color=red][/color]HD Street Performance on December 07, 2020, 03:57:08 PM ---There are two versions of the SE CNC heads. The extreme  cnc heads are ok, on the 131. Aftermarket surpasses them using stock castings.

--- End quote ---
The new CNC Extreme heads are now part of the 131 Stage IV kit. So the only thing I still need to do is change the valve springs.

Thanks for the heads up. No pun intended!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

cvosjoe:

--- Quote from: DCFIREMANN on December 07, 2020, 03:53:12 PM ---Well I did pull the trigger on a new 2020 CVO Limited in Sand Dune. I only have 125 miles on the bike. But I am very impressed in the ride and the power. Never the less I am going to do a 131 upgrade. I'm not looking for big numbers.  I am going to use the Harley SE heads that came in the kit. I am also going to use the 64mm throttle body that came in the kit. Along with the build will be a Fueling race oil pump, cam plate, 521 cam and pushrods. I am going to run a D&D Billet Cat exhaust. The clutch is going to be a Rekluse with a billet basket and a Baker Compensator. I am also going to run a T-MAX tuner and the Harley Street Tuner with auto tune. I am going to dyno the bike both ways just to see the comparison

I know a lot of people doing these big bore builds are using the HPI 62mm throttle body with there stock heads or modified stock heads. I just read an article on the Harley heads. The intake ports on the stock heads are larger then the ones on the SE heads that come in the kit. That is why Harley is using the 64mm throttle body in the kit. The smaller ports keep the velocity up for better cylinder fill. And the smaller 62mm throttle accomplishes the same with the larger stock ports.

After I finish the build it will most likely be tooooo cold to put any miles on the bike. So it will most likely be spring before I can get some break in miles on the motor. Then it will be off to the tread mill.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

--- End quote ---

Something to think about.

If you are using the pistons in the kit you might want to consider using a .030 cometic head gskt to bump the compression a bit. Depending on the actual deck height I believe the static compression is around 10.7. The 521 would like that little extra compression.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave:
Unless your dead seat on the Fueling oil pump, I would use the 2020 8 lobe pump.  Many people are using it now on big inch and big power builds.  GMR is now using it for example.

I have over 20,000 miles on my build, 130 inch and 163HP and 167 torque.  I am using the HD 2020 oil pump, as is Joe who posted above.  Neither of us have had issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version