CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2020 CVO Limited 131 upgrade

<< < (5/7) > >>

DCFIREMANN:
Well I finally got around to getting the motor finished. Parts are now becoming scarce. Still waiting on the Rekluse clutch basket and clutches. But the motor is finished and I now have 200 miles on it. I installed the Harley Pro Street Tuner with the Auto Tune Module for the breakin and first dyno numbers. While I have been pretty easy on it I did give it a 1/2 throttle blast up to 3500 RPM and went through the gears. I am very impressed on how quick this bike is. It is going to take a few weeks to get 1000 miles on it before it heads to the treadmill. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: DCFIREMANN on May 16, 2021, 07:49:49 PM ---Well I finally got around to getting the motor finished. Parts are now becoming scarce. Still waiting on the Rekluse clutch basket and clutches. But the motor is finished and I now have 200 miles on it. I installed the Harley Pro Street Tuner with the Auto Tune Module for the breakin and first dyno numbers. While I have been pretty easy on it I did give it a 1/2 throttle blast up to 3500 RPM and went through the gears. I am very impressed on how quick this bike is. It is going to take a few weeks to get 1000 miles on it before it heads to the treadmill. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

When you get it broken in and tuned, try a 6th gear roll on from 60-65! You’ll like the torque!
Mine will keep pulling until you roll off, long grades over the mountains here are NO problem, just set the cruise control for 85 and it will climb with ease.
 :2vrolijk_21:

--- End quote ---

DCFIREMANN:
Thanks Mike. I was at the dealer today talking to the Service Manager. I asked him how many miles he wanted on the motor before the tune. We chucked as he said you tell me when you are ready. Well I have 300 miles on the motor right now and will be riding it this weekend. Soooooo we are talking about the second week of June. I'll get there early and they will pull right into the dyno room. Looking forward to getting this finished up.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Texas 103:

--- Quote from: DCFIREMANN on May 25, 2021, 02:46:32 PM ---Thanks Mike. I was at the dealer today talking to the Service Manager. I asked him how many miles he wanted on the motor before the tune. We chucked as he said you tell me when you are ready. Well I have 300 miles on the motor right now and will be riding it this weekend. Soooooo we are talking about the second week of June. I'll get there early and they will pull right into the dyno room. Looking forward to getting this finished up.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

--- End quote ---

Absolutely, He will likely know how to do a "break-in" tune for you. Realize that yours is an M8.  Broke my 117 Twin Cam  in right on the dyno with no miles on it.   

Pan1:
The HD with auto tune may be okay with the combo but I always shake my head when I hear people ridding their bikes for 1,000 miles with a bad tune to "break in the motor". Seems crazy to me.  I always believed in letting the rings seat ie. a few good heat cycles and a few easy miles and then I wanted it tuned correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version