CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2020 CVO Limited 131 upgrade

<< < (6/7) > >>

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote from: Pan1 on May 25, 2021, 11:11:57 PM ---The HD with auto tune may be okay with the combo but I always shake my head when I hear people ridding their bikes for 1,000 miles with a bad tune to "break in the motor". Seems crazy to me.  I always believed in letting the rings seat ie. a few good heat cycles and a few easy miles and then I wanted it tuned correctly.

--- End quote ---

I have already decided to get it tuned asap. I have been busy and when I can ride it's always raining here. And after the first 50 miles I put her back on the lift and changed the engine oil. So you are correct. There is no reason not to put the bike on the dyno and get the tune richened up.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

HD Street Performance:
If it didn't break in after 30 miles of normal riding it will never. Harley brewed up the 1000 mile number to buffer warranty issues.

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote from: HD Street Performance on May 29, 2021, 09:02:07 AM ---If it didn't break in after 30 miles of normal riding it will never. Harley brewed up the 1000 mile number to buffer warranty issues.

--- End quote ---

And I have to agree with you. I thought a couple of good weekends of riding local would have put me at 1000 miles. The auto tune is working as the motor is running cooler now. I have over 500 miles on the motor and it is scheduled to be dynoed a week from tomorrow, Now if I can find the time to ride this year I will be a happy man!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DCFIREMANN:
I had the bike tuned yesterday with the HD Tuner. it came in at 136/150. While I am happy with the EPA tuned numbers, this bike runs HOTTTTTT. I will be changing either to the Power Vision or the T-Max real soon.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Fast FLHX:
Which clutch are people using that isn't a beast to pull in?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version