CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2020 CVO Limited 131 upgrade

<< < (2/7) > >>

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on December 08, 2020, 07:30:06 AM ---Unless your dead seat on the Fueling oil pump, I would use the 2020 8 lobe pump.  Many people are using it now on big inch and big power builds.  GMR is now using it for example.

I have over 20,000 miles on my build, 130 inch and 163HP and 167 torque.  I am using the HD 2020 oil pump, as is Joe who posted above.  Neither of us have had issues.

--- End quote ---

I actually have the new 2020 oil pump. I ordered the kit for my 2019 RG. But the 2020 Limited already has the new pump in it from the factory. Moonshine HD did a comparison on three oil pumps. The S&S, Fueling and the new 8 lobe oil pumps. They rated the 8 lobe the lowest of the three.

I followed your thread on your build. Very impressive numbers.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: DCFIREMANN on December 17, 2020, 03:07:15 AM ---I actually have the new 2020 oil pump. I ordered the kit for my 2019 RG. But the 2020 Limited already has the new pump in it from the factory. Moonshine HD did a comparison on three oil pumps. The S&S, Fueling and the new 8 lobe oil pumps. They rated the 8 lobe the lowest of the three.

I followed your thread on your build. Very impressive numbers.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

--- End quote ---
Interesting on the Moonshine HD comparison.  I'll have to look for it and watch it. 

Also interesting, they have such a different out look about the pump than some other well known builders.  Several like the HD over the S&S. 

So far the H-D 2020 pump has been good to me and a couple others on here with built  motors.

HD Street Performance:
Those would be the same guys that presented a flawed look at head bolts and torqueing, heads that were improperly ported and now oil pumps that they would be happy to sell you. We consistently are making in excess of 155hp with less than 3oz sump oil, tested. This is with the 8 lobe 2020 pump that costs less than half or a third of the cost of some of the offerings.

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote from: HD Street Performance on December 18, 2020, 11:27:55 AM ---Those would be the same guys that presented a flawed look at head bolts and torqueing, heads that were improperly ported and now oil pumps that they would be happy to sell you. We consistently are making in excess of 155hp with less than 3oz sump oil, tested. This is with the 8 lobe 2020 pump that costs less than half or a third of the cost of some of the offerings.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I had never heard anything about Moonshine. A friend sent me the link to the oil pump comparison a while back. Like I said I already have the 8 lobe in the bike. So I really don't need to change. I may just send out my stock heads to you for the work and park the CNC Extreme SE heads on the bench.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

HD Street Performance:
Send them both. The stock heads are so much better to start with then the older CNC SE heads. I don't have any experience with the CNC Extreme heads but a quick trip to the flow bench would tell a story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version