Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HD heated and cooled seat  (Read 4154 times)

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: HD heated and cooled seat
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 08:39:42 AM »

Thanks for the info. I may just go with a hammock heated seat as it doesn't get rediculously hot in the NC mountains.

You're welcome Glenn. I'll still post my infrared images when I get a chance to take some. I'm in middle TN and we're going through another one of our cold snaps. I'd like to get out went it's above 80 and see how the cooling performs but according to local weather reports, that may be a couple of weeks. I can get a shot of the heat function for you, if you'd like it. Let me know.

Joe

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2021, 01:26:19 PM »

Any updates on the cooling function?  I'm in TN also and am curious how cool the seat really feels on a humid 90+ degree day.

Thanks.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2021, 02:08:42 PM »

If you're going to spend that much on a seat. You might want to consider the Corbin Fire and Ice seat. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »

Looks a bit lower from the stock seat for sure.   I'm sure it's comfy. Do you use a backrest??   I really like the look and it looks like a fairly good match to me by the picture.   Enjoy. Looks great!!   Stuart  :2vrolijk_21:

ParadigmGuy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2021, 08:08:02 PM »

If you're going to spend that much on a seat. You might want to consider the Corbin Fire and Ice seat. 
It looks pretty nice, but I don't know anyone who has it. I'd want to make sure that it is as comfortable as my hammock. It does look lower, which I'd prefer over my higher heated hammock.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 08:10:24 PM »

You get them directly from Corbin. I think you can try it and return it if you don't like it. Check that first, however.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 09:06:37 PM »

Not sure if our stock HD backrest will work with that seat. If that's important, then figure in another chunk of change for one of Corbin's.

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 08:07:00 AM »

Any updates on the cooling function?  I'm in TN also and am curious how cool the seat really feels on a humid 90+ degree day.

Thanks.

Looks a bit lower from the stock seat for sure.   I'm sure it's comfy. Do you use a backrest??   I really like the look and it looks like a fairly good match to me by the picture.   Enjoy. Looks great!!   Stuart  :2vrolijk_21:

Sorry it's took so long to respond guys. Life has not let me ride until now.

I've not been able to measure the seat temp but I rode last weekend for about 3 hours and the seat was noticeably cool and seemed very comfortable. It got about 90* when I was on the way home and, though I was hot, the seat did seem to keep "my seat" cool and comfortable.

It does sit me lower for sure. I had to buy a 2" shorter windshield so I could see over it properly. With my original heated hammock, I couldn't get both feet flat on the ground but with the new hammock I can get both feet flat and my knees are actually bent some.

I am using the stock backrest. Like Stu said, the seat isn't an exact match but I don't think it looks bad at all.

I'm taking the Road Glide to Maggie Valley for our GTG on Sunday and I hope to get some good rides in all week so I will have a better idea of seat comfort on an all day ride. Ill try to be better about getting you an update once I've done some all day rides.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can do anything else.

Joe

CVO To Go

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2021, 09:26:23 AM »

It looks pretty nice, but I don't know anyone who has it. I'd want to make sure that it is as comfortable as my hammock. It does look lower, which I'd prefer over my higher heated hammock.
  FYI, I did look in to having my hammock altered to make it lower but didn't have any luck.  I emailed the seat company that has been mentioned on this site as doing this type of work and they responded stating that can't alter (lower) the hammock seat.

Dave

1badbagger

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 1962 XLCH
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2021, 09:38:52 PM »

FYI, I did look in to having my hammock altered to make it lower but didn't have any luck.  I emailed the seat company that has been mentioned on this site as doing this type of work and they responded stating that can't alter (lower) the hammock seat.

Dave

Getting off topic from the OP question...I have a friend who's vertically challenged and had his stock hammock on his 2020 CVO limited altered by a local upholstery shop. They took out some of the foam on the sides up near the nose of the seat allowing him to get flat footed. It doesn't really lower it as much as it helps get your legs closer together. He's really happy with it and it didn't cost him much and said he didn't lose any of the comfort factor.

I'm following this thread looking for some positive feedback on the cooling factor before I pull the trigger on this seat that my 2021 would've come with

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:00 PM »

Sorry it's took so long to respond guys. Life has not let me ride until now.

I've not been able to measure the seat temp but I rode last weekend for about 3 hours and the seat was noticeably cool and seemed very comfortable. It got about 90* when I was on the way home and, though I was hot, the seat did seem to keep "my seat" cool and comfortable.

It does sit me lower for sure. I had to buy a 2" shorter windshield so I could see over it properly. With my original heated hammock, I couldn't get both feet flat on the ground but with the new hammock I can get both feet flat and my knees are actually bent some.

I am using the stock backrest. Like Stu said, the seat isn't an exact match but I don't think it looks bad at all.

I'm taking the Road Glide to Maggie Valley for our GTG on Sunday and I hope to get some good rides in all week so I will have a better idea of seat comfort on an all day ride. Ill try to be better about getting you an update once I've done some all day rides.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can do anything else.

Joe

Thanks for the update Joe.  If it eliminates that TN summer swampy feeling I'll be in.

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2021, 10:15:48 AM »

Just a quick update after the MV GTG.

My longest day ride was 250 miles. The seat was very comfortable for me. When we left the hotel it was cool out so the seat was turned off. On the way home, it was near 90* and I noticed my azz was feeling a little moist and sticky so I reached down and turned the cooling function on. In about 20 or 30 minutes I was back to very comfortable. I'm now convinced that this was a good purchase for me. I have no regrets at all.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can do anything else.

Joe

(I added the pic so I could change my profile pic.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:55:53 AM by JoeVibe »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.