Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pan America & BMW GS Comparison  (Read 247 times)

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Pan America & BMW GS Comparison
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 09:41:28 AM »

Just remember Revzilla sells way more stuff to BMW owners than HD owners. Follow the money...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 10:08:35 AM »

True.  Took several bike mags back in the 1970s & 80s & each had their "favorite" brands.  Reviews were subjective.  Very subjective.  Not that much has changed as far as bike mag reviews go.  BMW is the 500 pound gorilla in this category, no doubt about that.   BMW has another contender.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '15 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '18 Porsche Macan S and my mountain bike.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 11:06:00 AM »

Rode the Pan Am 2 days ago for about half an hour. Impressive machine! We'll have to try the BMW for my own comparison.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Mark

• Mods: Fullsac Stage I
  • 1K CVO Member
  • "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

• CVO1: 03 SERK (retired)
    • CVO2: 10 SESG
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 09:31:13 AM »

Just remember Revzilla sells way more stuff to BMW owners than HD owners. Follow the money...
How do you know Revzilla sells more to BMW riders?  Nevertheless, I’ve never seen a bike publication review of adventure bikes where the BMW GS didn’t finish first, with KTM, Ducati, Honda, Triumph, etc. all coming in second, third, etc.  The GS is the King of the Hill in the Adventure class.  It’ll take quite an effort to dethrone the GS.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 05:20:18 PM »

Well, I will let you know when mine arrives as I decided to forgo GSA #5 in favor of a PAS. Dealer network and piss poor BMW dealer customer service were major deciding factors.  Now if HD could get the bike delivered to me before the snow flies, all would be good with my world.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.