Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: HD Factory race team  (Read 24372 times)

mark

Re: HD Factory race team
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 10:45:38 PM »

It was a good race, competitive to the end.  If they race on a track with longer straightaways, an HD may have the advantage.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »

https://motoamerica.com/eric-stahl-rises-from-the-ashes/

The MOCO being generous  :2vrolijk_21:

Another King of the Baggers race this weekend, longer track, should be interesting.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:54:44 PM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2021, 07:27:44 AM »

With all the resources MOCO has put in this they may stand a chance, race is today on Fox2 or streamed on bookface maybe.

https://motoamerica.com/harley-davidsons-king-of-baggers-team-now-features-two-wyman-brothers/

Qualifying 1

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 07:31:15 AM by TN »

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2021, 07:34:49 AM »

Qualifying 2

mark

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2021, 10:20:35 AM »

If you have DirectTV, the King of the Baggers race will be broadcast on FS2 (channel 618) at 5:30 pm East Coast time, Sunday, Jun 13.

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2021, 10:35:50 AM »

If you have DirectTV, the King of the Baggers race will be broadcast on FS2 (channel 618) at 5:30 pm East Coast time, Sunday, Jun 13.

Thanks for the heads up. I have Xfinity and just looked at FS2. It will be broadcast on that channel for cable as well.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 05:28:51 PM »

#1, #2 #3 on the podium for MoCo Factory Race Team! Finally!

Relocating the oil cooler in the fake headlights assembly on the Factory Road Glides bikes. Making a difference.  :2vrolijk_21:

EDIT: Not relocated, but a additional oil cooler.

YB
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:16:36 PM by YELLOWBIRD »
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 06:49:49 PM »

Yes HD won one, good for them.  :2vrolijk_21:  Did anyone watch the race, I did.

I really like this series

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2021, 07:02:22 PM »

I watched it, very cool to see the baggers navigate a road course. Any word on what happened to the Indian? HD looked very strong from the beginning...

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2021, 10:48:09 PM »

Link to the full race

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2021, 01:50:30 AM »

That is fun to watch Phil.  The race at Laguna Seca last year had a top speed of almost 130.  At Atlanta they hit over 144 in practice if I remember correctly.  Never heard speeds called out in this race but I still twitched a little just thinking about holding a Road Glide in that lean and feeling all the movement those bikes showed.  It's a weird thing to see but I get a kick out of watching.  They're running really short saddlebags; and still scraping them.  Yeah, a little poo comes out just thinking about it!

One thing I'd not picked up on before this broadcast was the weight limit in their rules package.  625 pounds. I checked the curb weight on a 2020 model and they report in varying from the middle 800s to well over 900 pounds.  My old 2000 had a stock dry weight of almost 800.   While those bikes are 1950s station wagons compared to what those riders are used to racing that's a lot of weight to shed.  Losing a 100 pounds would be easy.  200 to 300?  That's a lot to engineer away.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2021, 06:58:12 AM »

This bagger race was thought up by drag specialties and who better to benefit from selling aftermarket performance parts. The rules for the bikes starting out was within reason of me understanding, everyone started with a factory bike with some limited modifications allowed. The Indian shined in this format. Now enter the HD factory race team and their sponsorship. This last race blew me away at the way they performed on the Road America track.  It was a two man race until Indian had to exit the track for technical problems. There was 15sec between 1st and 2nd place in the end, both HD factory team bikes.

The HD factory race team and to their credit has built one fine machine, and a good rider to boot. They have proved their point and now they’re the one to beat. I’m curious to see what happens next race and next year with this series. I wish I saw this effort in their production bikes.  :drink:

I attended a local bike nite recently and was surprised to see a couple of performance baggers built to resemble these road racing bikes, I personally knew one of the owners and he rides like a lil girl, not sure why it offended him when I told him this.  :nixweiss:

One more note, Kyle Wyman crashed in a race later in the day on his Ducati and broke his arm that’s gonna require surgery and he may not make the next race in July at Laguna Seca. I truly wish him well and hope he can make it.

I'm still picking Indian/O'Hara at Laguna Seca for the win.  :orange:

mark

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2021, 04:37:22 PM »

I watched it, very cool to see the baggers navigate a road course. Any word on what happened to the Indian? HD looked very strong from the beginning...
All that’s been reported was mechanical issues, nothing more detailed.  Seems the HD is progressively finding more power from race to race.  Interesting competition, IM seems to have the advantage in braking and cornering, while the HDs make up for that on the straightaways. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2021, 09:39:18 AM »

Thanks for posting the info.  Fun to watch!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2021, 09:20:29 PM »

Travis Wyman rode the Trask turbo bike in the inaugural event last year at Laguna Seca, I thought he'd be a blocker for his brother Kyle when HD signed him on but he can't keep up the pace, maybe he'll settle in after some more seat time.

Kyle may not make it next month because of his injury, surely he won't mount up if not 100%. I truly wish him well.

Does HD has a provisional pilot or Wyman racing??

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.