Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 18 CVO Boom II Upgrade  (Read 2897 times)

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

Re: 18 CVO Boom II Upgrade
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2021, 08:29:14 PM »

Where are the six? Two in fairing, two on the tour pack, and two in the bags?

Mine are 2 in the fairing, 2 in the front lowers, 2 in the rear saddlebags

ParadigmGuy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2021, 09:00:54 PM »

Mine are 2 in the fairing, 2 in the front lowers, 2 in the rear saddlebags
Ah, OK. I can't go that route, I need my storage on the bags.

Chucker57

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 12:33:08 PM »

Had them install, 2 in fairing, 2 in lowers, 2 in bags. they cut the basket cage in the bags. Went with the 5X7's.  Cost was $3400.00. Also got the DSR.

Chucker57

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2021, 12:38:28 PM »

Also had them install because you get the 3 year warranty. I have installed systems on many previous bikes. It very simple with SoundZ all plug and play. Be ready they are coming out with A Titanium series in the fall.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2021, 09:05:01 PM »

Had them install, 2 in fairing, 2 in lowers, 2 in bags. they cut the basket cage in the bags. Went with the 5X7's.  Cost was $3400.00. Also got the DSR.

Pretty much what they quoted me for 6 speaker system. Well worth the $3400 or would you do something different if you did it over? $3400 is a lot of money to have buyers remorse.

Chucker57

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2021, 08:22:54 PM »

I would say well worth it. I follow a lot of bike audio sites. You could get a system for less or more. But there are so many different opinions on what's good. Seems like they're doing a lot of experimenting and modifications to their bikes. They are doing lot's with subwoofers and high wattage. Which are great for the parking lot's and competition, but you won't hear sub's at highway speeds. What is very important is tuning the DSP. The SoundZ DSP is tune correctly. I can hear my system clear at 100 plus mph. Also the SoundZ system is built for Harley's, total plug and play. System is waterproof, looks stock, no major modifications or lost of bag storage. I have to say it would be fun to build a competition audio bike.   

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2021, 08:36:40 PM »

I would say well worth it. I follow a lot of bike audio sites. You could get a system for less or more. But there are so many different opinions on what's good. Seems like they're doing a lot of experimenting and modifications to their bikes. They are doing lot's with subwoofers and high wattage. Which are great for the parking lot's and competition, but you won't hear sub's at highway speeds. What is very important is tuning the DSP. The SoundZ DSP is tune correctly. I can hear my system clear at 100 plus mph. Also the SoundZ system is built for Harley's, total plug and play. System is waterproof, looks stock, no major modifications or lost of bag storage. I have to say it would be fun to build a competition audio bike.

thx for the feedback. I think I'm going to take my bike into the Soundz install guy up the road from me. Not sure on when, but this will be the route I go. I agree, there is definitely a lot of opinions, but most of  them are for the equipment to buy. Nothing really telling you how to hook it all up tune it.. etc. I do not want to splice into any wires or connectors, etc. I want a CLEAN install, don't want to lose storage and be able to put it back to stock if I sell the bike. Soundz fits all the bills.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 08:38:28 PM by jamala00 »

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2021, 08:13:07 PM »

wow! didnt see that coming... bought mine a couple of years ago,  2300.00
..... have to add this... my bike is an RGU, so i only have 4 speakers. two in fairing and two on the tour pac. that is the reason for the lower cost  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.