Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hog Members Road-America roadside assistance  (Read 1559 times)

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
Hog Members Road-America roadside assistance
« on: June 03, 2021, 03:04:06 PM »

Greetings,

Two days ago in the mail I received a renewal notice for my Road America Motor Club H.O.G. Ultra Plus Roadside Assistance Membership.  Strangely, I noticed that even though I received the letter on June 1st the letter stated that my membership expired May 1st.  I made many attempts to connect online to renew however the listed address, www.road-america.com/hog no longer works.

I gave up today and called the phone number listed, 1-866-209-8270, and was told that another company had purchased the assets of Road America Motor Club.  They really had no info other than my name and HOG membership number.  No phone number, no address, no vins from the 5 vehicles I had covered, virtually no info.The guy on the phone gave a company name, which I confess I didn't understand and stated that they had purchased Road America Motor Club's assets.  Then he wanted credit card info and vins from the 5 vehicles.

I decided I was not giving out any info until I could check on all this.  Anyone heard of this or experienced this same scenario?  I would have thought that HOG would have sent out this kind of information to it's membership since their name is prominently posted with all the correspondence.

Anyone???   Just asking for a friend....... :soapbox:

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
Re: Hog Members Road-America roadside assistance
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 03:40:04 PM »

Greetings,

The name of the Company is Cross Country Motor Club.

Steve M

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 01:15:09 AM »

Greetings,

Two days ago in the mail I received a renewal notice for my Road America Motor Club H.O.G. Ultra Plus Roadside Assistance Membership.  Strangely, I noticed that even though I received the letter on June 1st the letter stated that my membership expired May 1st.  I made many attempts to connect online to renew however the listed address, www.road-america.com/hog no longer works.

I gave up today and called the phone number listed, 1-866-209-8270, and was told that another company had purchased the assets of Road America Motor Club.  They really had no info other than my name and HOG membership number.  No phone number, no address, no vins from the 5 vehicles I had covered, virtually no info.The guy on the phone gave a company name, which I confess I didn't understand and stated that they had purchased Road America Motor Club's assets.  Then he wanted credit card info and vins from the 5 vehicles.

I decided I was not giving out any info until I could check on all this.  Anyone heard of this or experienced this same scenario?  I would have thought that HOG would have sent out this kind of information to it's membership since their name is prominently posted with all the correspondence.

Anyone???   Just asking for a friend....... :soapbox:
HOG... Has gone seriously down the tubes. Too much focus on ROI  and not enough focus on riding and the customer... Which is what HOG was based on from it's conception.

Too bad. It was a heck of an organization at one point.

The monthly magazine has been cut off to one printed version... Summer. That's it.

Roadside assistance sucks... Last time I called they told me four hours to come get me... Off the side of the freeway during rush hour. Then the stealer tells me they can't even repair the tire for a month???

Cancelled my extended warranty, tire and wheel warranty and said f it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 01:53:17 PM »

Had a bad experience with Road America towing service over ten years ago.  Horrible customer service, slow to dispatch, sent wrong equipment and could not complete the tow.  When I called back they had another towing service call me.  He said he'd tow if I paid and then I could seek reimbursement from Road America.  Reason being it had taken him months for Road America to pay him for the last service call he made for them.

That's why I added motorcycle coverage to my AAA membership.  Had to use it once and it was A No. 1 first class all the way.  Highly recommend AAA.  They are the 'gold' standard for roadside assistance / towing imo.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 02:39:02 PM »

Same here, HOG became a pain to deal with.  I now use AAA with motorcycle and RV package.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.