CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2017 Street Glide CVO Nightmare

(1/3) > >>

Captamerica:
Having owned numerous HD over the years and never having any issues I decided to buy a 2017 CVO street glide in June of 2020 which was loaded with lots of goodies along with the stage 3 117 upgrade - 5 year screaming Eagle ESP coverage  - 2 months into owning this motorcycle it goes to the local HD dealership for 2 1/2 months due to slumping issues - applicable TSB and a known engine problem -get the bike back mid late October and enjoy a few hundred miles of care free riding before the winter storage  - 2021 comes and about 500 miles into the new riding season engine failure once again and back to the dealer it goes - 1 month and counting - 2 years back to back I can’t take it to Laconia bike week - beyond aggravated and frustrated and HD corporate is useless in helping with dealer issues - am I alone with this issue - one off problem or are others out there experiencing similar problems with the 2017 CVO

Twolanerider:
You've got multiple issues (sorry for stating the obvious).  It may start with a little unfamiliarity of your own though. 

"Screamin' Eagle" ESP is not a thing.  The extended service plans are a private and separate contracting entity.  It may be a CVO "Screamin" Eagle" bike but the service contract is a separate item. 

And... 2 1/2 months at the dealership?  Was this due to supply issues (not impossible during the last 18 months)?  Or was the dealer really so incompetent that they took that long to fix a bike?  Or are you even sure why it took that long?

And, finally, if the dealer was so problematic to work with the first taking longer than it would take to build a bike from the frame up (only working on weekends) why did you go back to the same shop?  Once bitten twice shy....  Are they the only geographically easy option?  Is there more to the issue?

You don't say what's going on this time or, with any detail, what was going on last time so it's hard to have any significant insights.  If, however, you've had several Twin Cam bikes over the years and this is the only one that's given you issues you may be better off than you expect.  Issues have been common.  Hopefully your ESP is saving you the burden of significant expense but the time you're losing and what that suggest about the diligence and/or skill of the dealership doesn't leave on with warm and fuzzy feelings.

BigLock:
Harley ESP plan does  have a screaming eagle plan that is 100.00 add on to the plan. It covers SE parts like the stage upgrade. That you added on.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: BigLock on June 05, 2021, 07:50:02 PM ---Harley ESP plan does  have a screaming eagle plan that is 100.00 add on to the plan. It covers SE parts like the stage upgrade. That you added on.

--- End quote ---

Once again I learned something.  Hadn't heard this one before.  So it's an add-on coverage to the add-on coverage?  Is this to cover any SE branded parts added at any time or SE branded packages installed at time of bike purchase?

kojak:
Sorry to hear about your bike problems. The early 2017 M8 motors had some issues. I rode a late 2017 cvo limited for 4 years and 30k miles with zero issues.

--- Quote from: Captamerica on June 05, 2021, 11:38:33 AM ---Having owned numerous HD over the years and never having any issues I decided to buy a 2017 CVO street glide in June of 2020 which was loaded with lots of goodies along with the stage 3 117 upgrade - 5 year screaming Eagle ESP coverage  - 2 months into owning this motorcycle it goes to the local HD dealership for 2 1/2 months due to slumping issues - applicable TSB and a known engine problem -get the bike back mid late October and enjoy a few hundred miles of care free riding before the winter storage  - 2021 comes and about 500 miles into the new riding season engine failure once again and back to the dealer it goes - 1 month and counting - 2 years back to back I can’t take it to Laconia bike week - beyond aggravated and frustrated and HD corporate is useless in helping with dealer issues - am I alone with this issue - one off problem or are others out there experiencing similar problems with the 2017 CVO

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version