CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

131 Runs Hot

(1/3) > >>

Pan1:
In a previous post I said how happy I was with the HD Kit. Now that summer has arrived I am finding out just how HOT the engine runs. It is twin cooled and the engine seems to perform very well even when hot. The problem is the extreme heat on my legs and but. I used the HD kit and street tuner with auto tune with the exception of a Fullsac head pipe, Fullsac 2.25 baffles, SE ported intake and a K&N air cleaner. The engine made 131HP and runs very well except for the heat. It is almost a deal breaker. I suspect the exhaust and breather may have it running on the lean side. 

Any suggestions? Oil cooler etc.

GregKhougaz:
There are a plethora of threads in the Twin Cam and Milwaukee 8 boards about engine heat. First thing to do is get a good dyno tune. JMHO. Oil cooler won't hurt but you're treating the symptom, not the cause.

HD Street Performance:
More on the tune..
TTS offers the ability to tune the fans, the on point. That said you are talking about radiant heat or do you know for a fact that the engine is overheated? Isnt there a factory equipped  oil cooler? The factory does offer fans for some of the factory oil coolers.

Pan1:
The engine is Twin Cooled and the fans come on rather quickly. The heat from the exit of the radiators is very very  hot compared to the  Twin Cooled Twin Cam 117 I had. Additionally the radiant heat is really bad. Even though I changed the head pipe the local dealer and hopefully  other dealerships will  keep the bike under warranty. Would an oil cooler significantly help?

Yellow09SERG:
Guess on my part but betting the oil cooler will only offer minimal help for you the rider. It would help oil temperature to some degree but would agree with others. Till you get a tuner on it where you get some fuel to it I don't think your going to change the heat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version