Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fitment question  (Read 1495 times)

TonyO77

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
Fitment question
« on: June 09, 2021, 04:48:41 PM »

Can anyone tell me if the later model camps 07 to 13 will fit an 04SEEG and if not why?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Fitment question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 05:07:38 PM »

Can anyone tell me if the later model camps 07 to 13 will fit an 04SEEG and if not why?

Cams?  If so no.  Centerline is the same but journals ODs at both ends are different.

To further confuse things there are a few "hybrid" or "conversion" cam options that will use the later model cam plate.  That plate uses bushings rather than bearings in the plate so the assembly is actually easier (don't have to press the cams and bearings in and out).  The conversion cams have a journal OD that is like the newer models on the outboard end but stay "stock" where they meet the inner cam bearings at the other end.

Those conversion cams were popular.  For awhile.  Harley later came out the with the cam plate you're getting and that allowed the large market of existing cams to stay in use.  The conversion options not used much anymore.

The other option is if the engine is apart.  The cam bearing holes can be machined to the larger OD for the newer bike's bearings.  Then it's newer cam plate, cams, and bearings without doing any retrofit or revision to get the job done.  But that's a lot more work.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:09:35 PM »

Cams?  If so no.  Centerline is the same but journals ODs at both ends are different.

To further confuse things there are a few "hybrid" or "conversion" cam options that will use the later model cam plate.  That plate uses bushings rather than bearings in the plate so the assembly is actually easier (don't have to press the cams and bearings in and out).  The conversion cams have a journal OD that is like the newer models on the outboard end but stay "stock" where they meet the inner cam bearings at the other end.

Those conversion cams were popular.  For awhile.  Harley later came out the with the cam plate you're getting and that allowed the large market of existing cams to stay in use.  The conversion options not used much anymore.

The other option is if the engine is apart.  The cam bearing holes can be machined to the larger OD for the newer bike's bearings.  Then it's newer cam plate, cams, and bearings without doing any retrofit or revision to get the job done.  But that's a lot more work.
Don is be asking cams or compensator? Compensator was what I was reading. Cams from 07-16 would be all the same but wasn't there some compensator changes in 07, then again in 14 or am I thinking wrong and need another beer
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 12:01:20 AM »

Might have been. I haven't made my full quota of mistakes this month so I'm still trying to get them knocked out. If it's compensator his 103 uses the old compensator. The one that was bulletproof. The one that none of the discussion on new compensators makes any difference to. 👍

TonyO77

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 01:23:42 PM »

I have asking about the cams, speech to text doesn’t work well with my southern accent, I still have the original compensator on it, though I just changed the sprocket itself since it was showing wear and needed to be replaced.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 07:24:41 PM »

I have asking about the cams, speech to text doesn’t work well with my southern accent, I still have the original compensator on it, though I just changed the sprocket itself since it was showing wear and needed to be replaced.

Excellent  :huepfenlol2: !

Sh*t just like that is why old farts like me still prefer a PC and keyboard.  Huh, wonder if a keyboard needs syntheti.....   oh, never mind.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 09:12:20 PM »

I haven't found an accent yet that voice text likes...it really doesn't like Okie. Don was correct on his statement above then and guess I will owe him a beer being he didn't make his quota.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 09:15:31 PM »

Excellent  :huepfenlol2: !

Sh*t just like that is why old farts like me still prefer a PC and keyboard.  Huh, wonder if a keyboard needs syntheti.....   oh, never mind.
Owe ya a beer on that one, sorry. Oh and the keyboard, mines battery now and trying to decide if I should....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 09:18:20 PM »

Owe ya a beer on that one, sorry. Oh and the keyboard, mines battery now and trying to decide if I should....

:drink: :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

I need to ride your way while school is out.  Just for the hell of it (and lunch).

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 09:34:08 PM »

:drink: :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

I need to ride your way while school is out.  Just for the hell of it (and lunch).

We do need to get together for a ride and dinner

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 09:38:08 PM »

We do need to get together for a ride and dinner

I'm leaving soon on a summer road trip.  Will give you a yell when I get back.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.