Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help?? Thoughts on a problem  (Read 685 times)

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

Help?? Thoughts on a problem
« on: June 15, 2021, 07:29:07 PM »

2010 FXSTC. While driving down the road, around 60mph, I hit the horn and the throttle stopped responding. The bike didn’t shut off, but when I got to the side of the road, it was in a fast idle and pretty much no response to resisting the throttle. Shut it down, sat for a minute and everything came back as normal. Of course when I tried to make it happen again, it wouldn’t. Pending problem or just one of those things!!??? Probably need to check for a code??? Only thing done to the bike recently was the installation of anew battery. Thanks for any ideas!!!  JoeS

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Help?? Thoughts on a problem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 08:10:28 PM »

You answered your own question.  Check for codes and then add to the story.

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 11:06:23 AM »

Thanks for you’re response!! So the following codes have come up:

P1511. EFI power management mode
P2135  TPS (throttle position sensor) correlation error
b1066. ????
U1040. Lost comm W/BCM (body control module)

I’ll follow up on these today and see what happens. Thanks again for getting me started!!
Bike still runs, have been unable to duplicate the problem.

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 03:51:16 PM »

Ok, so after clearing all the codes, I’m finding 2 persistent and current codes. It’s the b 1006 code which denotes accessory line over voltage. This code comes up for both the speedometer and tachometer. Simply turning the bike on will cause these codes to appear. And of course the part numbers associated with these codes are for a speedometer & tachometer. The bike is running fine, but I don’t know what these codes mean. Looking like the next step may be the dreaded visit to the dealership!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 05:51:59 PM »

With B1006 I've found the following things:

Most common has been a bad voltage regulator (three times that I can think of.  Also have seen a bad stator cause it (once).  Also have seen bad grounds or other cable connections throw this code.  And, once, dealt with a bike that was getting this code and the problem went away with the replacement of the aftermarket load equalizer (the thing added in to make LED bulbs work right).

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 10:33:40 PM »

Thanks for you’re help Twolanerider. Finally came across some of this information earlier. Especially interested in the load equalizer because I added Custom Dynamics LEDS (directionals) to the bike 10 years ago. Will try to get my mechanic to test the regulator and talk to him about trying another equalizer. Will definitely check my battery cables again as I just changed it Monday. Thanks again!!       JoeS

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 06:41:02 AM »

I've got the b1006 code, had ever since I put the CD equalizer and front LED turn signals on in 2009 I think, I forget about it until I pull codes. I clear it and the next time it's there. When I got my equalizer it came with no plugs, was a new setup in 2009 so I put them on to make it plug and play. I talked to CD about it one time but forgot about it again.  :drink:

That has been my only symptom. YMMV
Wut the hell was that maneuver

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 07:59:19 AM »

Yeah TN don’t think I ever checked codes until I had the power loss on Tuesday. The bike quickly recovered and seems to fine, the codes all cleared except the two b1006 which are set simply by turning the power to check for codes!! My CD equalizer was a plug and play and has never caused an issue. That code has probably been there since 2010—set it and forget it, for now. I will have the the voltage checked ASAP, however. Thanks for weighing in.             JoeS

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 22 queries.