CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Removing The Cats Without Voiding Warranty??

(1/3) > >>

1badbagger:
Hey Guys, I'd like to lose my cats and put a new exhaust on my 2021 Limited that sounds more aggressive than a sewing machine. I'm currently gathering parts including header pipes, CFR slip-ons and an aftermarket tuner which Harley changed on the 2021's. I'll probably go with the Vance and Hines Fuel Pak once the aftermarket world figures out Harley's new ECM (still waiting patiently). I'm open to suggestions to make this M8 sound like my last bike with a 110 and a similar setup. My biggest hurdle is figuring out if there's a workaround to keep my warranty or should I just do it and quit worrying about it? The bike's only 6 weeks old with a little over 3000 miles without any issues so far. I'd really like the best of both worlds if possible since I'm considering the extended warranty on this bike. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks, Dean

Twolanerider:
You can't alter the emissions systems without:

a) breaking the law (yeah, we often don't care, but it's a fact)
b) voiding the warranty

So go for it or not.  That's up to however you wish to enjoy the bike.  But there's not even a question about saving the warranty unless you are very lucky with a dealership's efforts on your behalf.

FELIX:
Don't even consider the extended warranty if you're going to do any of those modifications you're just throwing away money that you might need later. My personal opinion is put 5000 or more miles on it and go for the upgrade and wave goodbye to the warranty I think if you haven't had a problem by then it's a reasonable reasonable risk. Because yeah they do sound like sewing machines now.  Just my opinion.

1badbagger:
That’s what I thought. I always bought used bikes so I never had to worry about the warranty. I’ll keep gather parts and riding it like I stole it for now.

Thanks for the replies, Dean

JCZ:
You can keep the stock cans and go with the Fulsac header and baffles.  That's what I did with two bikes and it was never an issue with warranty or extended warranty.  You keep the stock OEM look but get the sound and performance increase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version