CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

New CVO, researching engine upgrade options.

(1/3) > >>

Lane:
Hi

I now have a '20 CVO Limited that I purchased last July after my '09 Ultra engine decided to self implode. (Lots of metallic pieces in the oil.)

My old '09 I did the 110cid engine upgrade and really liked it. At first I'm liking the power of the 117, but lately my mind has been going crazy thinking I need even more HP and torque. But I also don't want my MPG to go into the toilet.

There is now 11,000 miles on it and I'm trying to think if I want and or need an engine upgrade. So I'll be checking out posts on this forum to read about others experience.

So I'm here researching.

Turk_97:
Welcome to the forum and nice ride congrats.   I have a ‘20 cvo and I did a stage 3 with fullsac manifold and pipes I am very happy and my full economy is still decent.  I only have ever run 91 octane in it and still get over 400 kms 240 miles per tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lane:

--- Quote from: Turk_97 on July 01, 2021, 08:58:16 PM ---Welcome to the forum and nice ride congrats.   I have a ‘20 cvo and I did a stage 3 with fullsac manifold and pipes I am very happy and my full economy is still decent.  I only have ever run 91 octane in it and still get over 400 kms 240 miles per tank

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I'm not wanting to do anything that would void the warranty. From what I understand the fullsac manifold would do that. So with the Stage 3 you went from 117CID to 122CID right? Did you have it dynoed before and after? What kind of numbers did you get?

Turk_97:
Yes I should be more clear when I say what I have done to my bike.   I am in Canada and the Harley dealer did all the work and added it to my extended warranty.   Which is okay with me because they add it to the Harley network so no matter where I am apparently it is under Harley warranty.  Must be a Canadian thing sorry.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HD Street Performance:
Myself and local tuners are building some very strong and reliable M8s right here in your backyard.
It is not crazy to get 150 square plus out of a touring build at 130". More importantly this build has over 110 ft lbs at 2200 and hits 140tq by 3k. Gas mileage cruising is nearly the same as stock, when you get on it it will use fuel as it should.
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=120673.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version