CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Engine rebuild cam shaft upgrade

(1/2) > >>

Plzdvm:
So unfortunately the 110 in my 2017 pro street breakout needs a rebuild, told the damage was in large part due to the gas in the north east…it had 28,000 miles but I was not hard on it…so just curious as to replacing the stock cam, is there one that is a better option?

Twolanerider:
There are a butt ton of cams that are possibles.  How do you intend to ride the bike?  Highway, roadrunner, stump puller, etc?  That will dictate the choices and recommendations.

However, given the explanation you've been given I'm curious, what are the damages you've sustained?

Yellow09SERG:
What he said . Be real interested in hearing what the gas in the NE has done to your motor.

JKM:
Is this a warranty rebuild or our of your pocket? 
Now is also the time to consider some other upgrades.  Maybe boring out to 113" or going to 117" cylinders and also increasing compression a little, in addition to addressing the heavy springs in the heads.
Would be good to know what damage was done and what is exactly involved in your rebuild.  So many options available while you have the engine open and most importantly is to be working with a competent and reputable engine builder.

Plzdvm:
Currently it’s a warranty rebuild, I’ll get the exact reason for the damage and what was damaged……in part to carbon build up which I was told due to the of gas we have in the north east, ??? but I’ll be in touch with them tomorrow…I am not hard on the bike, occasionally spirited riding , a lot of back road cruising…was curious about stretching the power band reason for the cam question……only added the exhaust..2 into 1  V & H and a fuel pack FP3….otherwise stock other then seat and other cosmetic changes…will get that pertinent info…thx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version