CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

2021 CVO

(1/2) > >>

yardstick:
Bought a 2021 CVO Streetglide in white.  Sound was mellow and not even deep or loud enough.  So then come the fullsac baffles....great sound and volume.  Now to the point.......looks like the bike essentially has an SE A/C and with the baffle change now could be considered stage 1.    As you know HD says remapping is required for stage one. Get there tuner and there is in fact a stage 1 map listed for this bike.

Prior to the retune at every stop EITMS kicks in.  After tune not so much. So it is running cooler.

My concern is twofold
1. Prior he maps for earlier years had the a/f ration in the 12.5.   Now the map is set to 14.5.  That is still in closed loop mode and I think to lean

2.  If you add mufflers it is running possible to lean and could result in burnt exhaust valves.  If they check and don’t see the correct download. Bet they void warranty

Para Bellum:
The EPA sued HD a few years ago and HD paid a huge fine and agreed to be good children from now on.  Part of "good kids" is that HD cannot sell a tune module that can change the most important parameters, like A/F ratio; HD also agreed not to delete the catalytic converters ("cats") and only to use EPA-approved fuel maps.  HD is required to void the warranty on any bike that has deleted the cats or used a non-EPA fuel map.

It sounds like you got the HD tuner ("Get there tuner and there is in fact a stage 1 map listed for this bike.), so the closest map to your setup w/ FS baffles is the HD Stage 1...and of course, it is blessed by the EPA...therefore it has the EPA-acceptable A/F ratio.

Since the FS baffles flow more than the stock HD, you're right that it's probably too lean -- but that's the requirement to keep your factory warranty.  And yes, you're also right that they void the warranty if there is, or was, a non-approved map ever installed.  The HD ECU sets a warning flag in the system that alerts the corporate database and the tech that the warranty is void.

Some people decide to say FTW (Warranty) and do what they want, while others have switched the ECU to aftermarket solutions, with the idea to switch back to the stock ECU if warranty work is needed.  Otherwise, it's checkmate on the bike.

kojak:
There are no after market tuners available for the 2021 ecm currently.

glinkmeyer:
If you put another tuner on doesn’t it eliminate the ETMS. I put a thundermax tuner on my 13 and 16 CVO and after that I could not turn on the ETMS. You only have that option with the factory tuner, correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Warlock:

--- Quote from: glinkmeyer on July 23, 2021, 09:24:00 AM ---If you put another tuner on doesn’t it eliminate the ETMS. I put a thundermax tuner on my 13 and 16 CVO and after that I could not turn on the ETMS. You only have that option with the factory tuner, correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

That is incorrect, TTS allows the ETMS to be turned on or off, not sure about powervision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version