Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Locks  (Read 633 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Locks
« on: July 28, 2021, 03:53:45 PM »

I need some input please. I have a 2021 CVO Streetglide. It has the lock and unlock buttons on the dash next to the column lock. If my bike is off these buttons don’t work. They only work if bike is running or if on switch is on. Is this correct, are they suppose to work this way?

I thought if fob was in proximity the buttons would lock/unlock column and saddles bags regardless of on or off switch.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: Locks
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »

I need some input please. I have a 2021 CVO Streetglide. It has the lock and unlock buttons on the dash next to the column lock. If my bike is off these buttons don’t work. They only work if bike is running or if on switch is on. Is this correct, are they suppose to work this way?

I thought if fob was in proximity the buttons would lock/unlock column and saddles bags regardless of on or off switch.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks you.

Looks like the run switch needs to be turned on, found this in my 2019 CVO Limited owners manual

The power lock switches only actuate the locks when the motorcycle is turned on. The OFF/RUN switch must be set to RUN or the motorcycle must be in accessory mode.
Close saddlebag and Tour-Pak lids. Secure latches.
If locking the forks, turn the handlebars to the full left position. Rotate the fork lock switch to the LOCKED position. Check that fork lock is engaged by pushing handlebars toward the right.
To lock, push the OFF/RUN switch to RUN or hold the trigger switch to enter accessory mode. Press the lock switch in the fairing cap. The turn signals flash twice to indicate the vehicle is locked.
To unlock, push the OFF/RUN switch to RUN or hold the trigger switch to enter accessory mode. Press the unlock switch in the fairing cap. The turn signals flash once to indicate the vehicle is unlocked.
Rotate the fork lock to the UNLOCKED position. Open the saddlebags and Tour-Pak as needed.

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Locks
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 04:49:31 PM »

Thank you so much now I know.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.