Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sony AX7000 Head unit causing engine light to come on  (Read 628 times)

Browner

Sony AX7000 Head unit causing engine light to come on
« on: August 11, 2021, 03:38:34 PM »

Hey there
I was fed up with the Harley Boom GT on my 2018 CVO Streetglide. After some research I decided to replace it with the Sony AX7000 head unit along with Focal amp and speakers. Very impressed with the clarity and sound quality and its interaction with Android Auto. The Sony is a nice unit with a few minor glitches that I think could be improved. However, it continues to give me engine fault lights. Dealer said that the ECM does not detect the radio and that the faults are not harmful to the bike.
So I cleared the faults and the light went away.......for a while. Then came back..... again..... and again.  :(
I know there are a lot of riders who have put the Sony AX7000 unit on their bikes. Does anyone have a solution to eliminate the fault light for good.
Any help would be really appreciated. It is aggravating staring at the light all the time or having to clear the codes.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Sony AX7000 Head unit causing engine light to come on
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 04:00:01 PM »

Hey there
I was fed up with the Harley Boom GT on my 2018 CVO Streetglide. After some research I decided to replace it with the Sony AX7000 head unit along with Focal amp and speakers. Very impressed with the clarity and sound quality and its interaction with Android Auto. The Sony is a nice unit with a few minor glitches that I think could be improved. However, it continues to give me engine fault lights. Dealer said that the ECM does not detect the radio and that the faults are not harmful to the bike.
So I cleared the faults and the light went away.......for a while. Then came back..... again..... and again.  :(
I know there are a lot of riders who have put the Sony AX7000 unit on their bikes. Does anyone have a solution to eliminate the fault light for good.
Any help would be really appreciated. It is aggravating staring at the light all the time or having to clear the codes.

Have you contacted Sony support?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 04:38:00 PM »

Did you pull the main fuse during install?  What are the codes?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 04:39:16 PM »

This is the problem that was in the back of my mind.  Google search found this thread.  Any relationship at all to what you're seeing?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1329704-fault-codes-after-installing-sony-axv-ax7000.html

Browner

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 05:08:54 PM »

Did you pull the main fuse during install?  What are the codes?

I need to check with the installer if he pulled the main fuse or not. But he probably disconnected the battery.

Fault codes I get are:
ECM  U0001   BCM  U0121   SPD  U0184   ABS  U0001 & U0003

My service guys says these are all related to not being able to recognize the radio. Bike runs fine.

Thanks

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.