Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken fob?  (Read 636 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Broken fob?
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:50:33 PM »

So this past week in sturgis I dropped my key fob, I believe it was on Tuesday. Thursday I had a problem where the fob wasn’t being picked up by the bike. When I got home I put a new battery in the fob and the bike still wouldn’t find the fob, even with it sitting on the seat of the bike. I got the second fob out, replaced the battery and put to the bike I went, turn the kill switch on the bike and works perfectly.

I did replace the battery in the bike before we left and replaced the battery in the fob in the spring. I guess I am wondering is it possible that I broke the fob when I dropped it? Seeing as it works with the spare fob that is what I am leaning to. I’ll check in the morning to make sure I plugged everything back in under the seat when I replaced the battery. Has anyone else had this problem with their fob?

sail

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Black Garnet/Electric Red Pearl w/ Carbon Dust
Re: Broken fob?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 02:35:22 PM »

If I read the issue correctly, this happened to a friend of mine after he changed the battery. It wouldn't unlock the bags and the bike didn't recognize the key fob. The contacts on the side of the battery are not making contact with the battery. I took a super tiny piece of paper, folded it over once and put it opposite the side where the contacts are. It presses the battery against the contacts. Hope this helped. 

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 08:54:10 PM »

I’ll give that a try.  Now I noticed when I flip the switch, before everything turns and before the fuel pump primes the security light flashes 3 times quickly. Maybe it’s a weak battery in the fob. I’m not sure

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 11:16:58 AM »

Even with new batteries....all my bikes  have occasionally not recognized the fob briefly. My fear of being stranded has me practising starting with the PIN at least once a season.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.