Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IASUS XSound 3 helmet speakers work great  (Read 695 times)

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
IASUS XSound 3 helmet speakers work great
« on: September 04, 2021, 12:23:45 AM »

IASUS XSound 3 helmet speakers are great for music & navigation if your Comm BT unit includes an audio jack or adapter.

Just got the Shoei NeoTec II modular helmet, considered the integrated Sena SLR2 but it had old comm technology & no external audio adapter option so went with the Sena 50r with the improved speakers but helmet too noisy over 55 mph with just a wind deflector. Read these are better than Cardo JBL’s so thought I’d try them from Amazon for $89 plus had to get a SENA audio adapter, then also found the Deluxe Plush Covers on the IASUS website under accessories so ordered those, they feel & seal better on the ears with the appropriate spacing, otherwise they fold up if too tight putting helmet on, not keen on using their “leather shoe horn” to straighten my ear lobes every time I put my helmet on, speakers had extra spacers for perfect fit, although others need to be careful separating the stack of spacers & stick on Velcro to speakers, I tore some of the Velcro pieces trying to separate them. Also you cover the R & L identifiers putting the Velcro stickers on the speakers but really it shouldn’t matter if you switch them, more about the cable reaching each side, & had to make sure the new cable set up was not under the head cushion so I don’t feel them on top of my head.

Key thing to getting the best sound is make sure comm device firmware is updated, Sena has improvements on audio with latest, but just installing & running the software on my Windows 10 PC, using the Sena app on my iPhone, using good usb cable, then trying to update the comm firmware was a pain but found help doing search on Internet, besides remembering to unplug the included Sena charging/WiFi cable when not in use, otherwise my iPhone sometimes uses the cable’s WiFi which slows it down instead of WiFi directly from its source.

My AirPods Pro’s hurt my ears with my helmet & ear buds don’t work well with me so these are the best solution, also saw YouTube on Shoei modular helmet where guy showed difference of noise with good windshield so might go bigger than Windvest deflector I use now. Might also try fabricating some foam around the speakers, the Shoei cheek pads & other padding don’t surround speakers all the way around, and need to figure better mic placement, trying other mic stuck to cheek pad after having to rearrange boom mic every time I take helmet on or off, or flip up because of the chin curtain. Still learning how to use voice commands, don’t have any idea how to use comm but got it in case I do ride in groups & need it, so another bit of technology I need to read up more on.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for best helmet speaker, try the IASUS XSound speakers (some say the 2.1’s are just as good & cheaper, but what’s another $40), if you go with the latest 3’s, also get the Deluxe Plush Covers, they really feel & seal better with the ears. Also had to shell out an extra $50 on the Shoei for thinner cheek pads, mid thick ones that came with it hurt my jaw, feels better now.  Just like my CVO springer, spent a little more than I planned for my new helmet but I like modulars and read the Shoei NeoTec II was one of the best although spendy, after bad experience with my old $160 HD branded modular not holding up well…
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 08:23:47 AM by DarkEagle »

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.