Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 17 Shady Reasons Why Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Are Struggling  (Read 13918 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 17 Shady Reasons Why Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Are Struggling
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2022, 01:37:26 PM »

Have you rode one?  I will say the look of the inner fair is bad, I do not like it at all.  However the suspension is far better than my 19 CVO Road Glide, the bike handles better in my opinion and rides way better.  Comparing a road glide special to a Challenger, the Indian has a very slight edge on the power.  Comfort, is up to individual ride.  Stock handles bars have never worked for me on my Haleys and would not work on the challenger either.

I do have like like stock bars on the Pan America, but did add H-D two inch risers.

Harleys touring bike is extremely dated and very long in the tooth.  In needs to have a much better suspension, and to do that means a frame redesign.  22 is the 14th year Harley has used that Frame.  Every one else has a much batter frame and suspension.
Can't get past the looks of it.

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2022, 01:40:09 PM »

Some people will tie themselves in a knot to knock anything not HD.  The dash looks no different than a RG and there’s nothing wrong with the bag gaskets either.  I’d give the fit/finish edge to HD, but engine design/durability to the Indian.  And I’m speaking from experience because I’ve owned one for two years & have two buddies that own one.  So, my post is first hand info.
Some people will continue to hang out in places even though the like to bash the product of the site they're on.

I'm not an HD die hard by any means. I just refuse to even consider something that looks that hideous. Sure, the power, handling and standard features beat HD hands down. It's just an ugly ass bike. Let me know in 7 years how those gaskets are holding up.

sent using Tapatalk

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2022, 01:57:41 PM »

My last comment on this. I don't ride fat ugly women regardless of how well they cook and are good in bed and I'm sure as hell not going to settle for a bike that reminds me of one.

sent using Tapatalk

mark

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2022, 03:05:15 PM »

My last comment on this. I don't ride fat ugly women regardless of how well they cook and are good in bed and I'm sure as hell not going to settle for a bike that reminds me of one.

sent using Tapatalk
I guess we’re all relieved this is your final post on the matter. 

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2022, 03:29:19 PM »

I guess we’re all relieved this is your final post on the matter.
On that matter yes. The fact that you want to act like a fat ugly woman and get the last word in is another story.

sent using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 03:35:03 PM by OBB »

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2022, 03:34:07 PM »

Did the instrument cluster look like a Karaoke machine?,.....LOL!!!

Look at the picture good and you will see where someone took various colors of rattle can paint and proceeded to have their way with it, maybe that’s trying to hide the gender. It’s looks like real patina from 50 foot, just like some women look good till ya get up close. And I did request an Elvis song from the karaoke machine, I got nothing.

I’m in pursuit of a Pursuit.

Mike, you started this chit  :pineapple:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2022, 08:45:56 PM »

I think this thread is bike racist, I like all bikes no matter the make and it’s all in how they treat me as to how I treat them. Another thing is the gender of a bike, all mine has been female and I’ll keep it that way until I don’t. Identifying the sex of a motorcycle is a tedious process and not for the faint of heart.

Now you have me worried. I have always thought and spoke of the bike as old girl.... but what if old girl doesn't identify as old girl and I have been riding old boy? Also does the changing of parts that we all do, change old girl to old boy if we use the wrong parts? What if IT really is an IT , then what parts do we change to get old girl back?  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 08:48:34 PM by Yellow09SERG »
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2022, 09:31:59 AM »

I did spot one ugly Challenger.

That looks like it was parked next to an sulfuric acid manufacturing facility.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2022, 01:48:05 AM »

I think this thread is bike racist, I like all bikes no matter the make and it’s all in how they treat me as to how I treat them. Another thing is the gender of a bike, all mine has been female and I’ll keep it that way until I don’t. Identifying the sex of a motorcycle is a tedious process and not for the faint of heart.

I did ride to the Indian dealer today and no Pursuit in sight.

Miss the olden days, when things were deemed as microaggressions and/or shamings.  Obviously this thread is microaggression bike shaming with institutionalized Harley supremacy supplemented by bike racisms and would be greatly improved by pie and bacon & beer.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2022, 07:26:44 AM »

I get confused here whether it is on the authors' side or reader interpretation, the bikes get confused too. I know some say that bikes are nothing but nuts and bolts but Harleys have soul, another racist thought.   

Coming soon to the showroom will be a Kyle Wyman Race Glide with 131, Ohlin suspension, carbon fiber body parts and street legal, infotainment system optional.

I like bacon and beer, have cut pie off my menu so I can get my 50yr old body back.  :drink:

Wut the hell was that maneuver

marko61

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2022, 09:20:27 AM »

Went back & read the "17 Reasons" listed in the article in the first post in this thread.  Oddly, or not oddly, Indian is not mentioned by name as a reason.  It could be considered a part of a reason - #6 for example - yet the existence of Polaris - also not mentioned - is not a primary subject of the article.

Most all products have competition.  Except Oreos, which have a weak sort of competition but it's not really competition because - Oreos. Harley's problems are internal more than external was the subject of what I read. If Harley does not do what they need to do as a company, yes their competition will eat their lunch, to use a time honored technical financial analytical term.  But the reason for that, since Harley has been a market leader for a long time in their dominant category, is Harley itself.  If Harley was doing or had been doing what was needed to be done, the emergence of Indian would be akin to a gnat on an elephant's back instead of Indian eating a big chunk of Harley's lunch.

As to arguing the finer points of loving Indians or loving to hate Indians or such - some like 'em, some don't.  Indians have their own sets of problems - have several friends who own them - so they are not problem free.  Harley decided long ago to be more of a follower & not a leader in the MC industry.  Other brands innovate while Harley sits back & waits to perceive the difference between a verifiable MC trend vs a fad, and then they copy something, sometimes badly.  Other motor companies do the same, it's a strategy.  Harley is more more behind than they should be on tech & unless they change their strategy they will end up further behind IMHO.

I like your answer ... I must tell you that here in Italy there is a much better biscuit than oreo, it's called ringo

you can see it here:
https://www.ringo.it/storia/

going back to motorcycles, I would have already bought a motorcycle of another brand, but, to be honest, I have not found one more beautiful than Harley CVOs, beautiful from the outside and unfortunately technically old.
What really pisses me off is MOCO's behavior with European customers, they don't have the bikes to test, they want me to order them six months in advance and you never know when they will arrive.
Basically an act of faith, or a blackmail to which I do not want to yield ..
out there though, I don't see a more beautiful bike than the CVO street glide or CVO road glide ...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2022, 10:51:43 AM »

I like your answer ... I must tell you that here in Italy there is a much better biscuit than oreo, it's called ringo

you can see it here:
https://www.ringo.it/storia/

going back to motorcycles, I would have already bought a motorcycle of another brand, but, to be honest, I have not found one more beautiful than Harley CVOs, beautiful from the outside and unfortunately technically old.
What really pisses me off is MOCO's behavior with European customers, they don't have the bikes to test, they want me to order them six months in advance and you never know when they will arrive.
Basically an act of faith, or a blackmail to which I do not want to yield ..
out there though, I don't see a more beautiful bike than the CVO street glide or CVO road glide ...

Thanks for the information on Ringo.  Will be in Italy later this year & will look forward to tasting them.

Agree on the styling of CVO's - best looking bike from a style standpoint by far. Tech on these bikes is dated and that is a marketing strategy HD adopted a long time back.  Reminds me of some of the classically styled cars that were so beautiful but the companies went out of business because they did not keep up on other features or priced themselves out of the market. 

Have heard similar from other HD buyers located in Europe - long wait times, limited or no test bikes.  Saw a lot of motorcycles on our last trip to Europe but very, very few Harleys. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 22 queries.