Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Digital Oil Temp & Oil Level Gauge  (Read 12543 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Digital Oil Temp & Oil Level Gauge
« on: April 22, 2007, 07:15:21 AM »

Has anyone bought one of these or know anyone with one? I wonder how well they work?

Oil Level and Temperature Dipstick with Lighted LCD Readout

Check your oil level and oil temperature with the push of a button. Add function and style by replacing your stock dipstick with this hard working version. No more grabbing a rag to pull your hot dipstick. No more oil drips on your pipes and on the garage floor. Simply push the button and this chrome dipstick lights up with brilliant blue backlight. Oil level is indicated with a four segment readout - it even reminds you to check your oil when it is hot. Designed to be waterproof, the LCD display operates on a long-lasting, replaceable Lithium coin-type battery (CR2032 3V, P/N 66373-06). Display features a low battery indicator, and press-and-hold feature to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

62955-06

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 07:18:25 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Digital Oil Temp & Oil Level Gauge
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 07:44:31 AM »

Has anyone bought one of these or know anyone with one? I wonder how well they work?

Check your oil level and oil temperature with the push of a button. Add function and style by replacing your stock dipstick with this hard working version. No more grabbing a rag to pull your hot dipstick. No more oil drips on your pipes and on the garage floor. Simply push the button and this chrome dipstick lights up with brilliant blue backlight. Oil level is indicated with a four segment readout - it even reminds you to check your oil when it is hot. Designed to be waterproof, the LCD display operates on a long-lasting, replaceable Lithium coin-type battery (CR2032 3V, P/N 66373-06). Display features a low battery indicator, and press-and-hold feature to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

62955-06

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

I've got one, and it works well.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 09:14:18 AM »

I have one also. It works well. Worth it? No, but it looks cool. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

MikeD

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 05:31:10 PM »

I got suckered into buying one as well, I wanted the blue light, cool.  I press the button when it's not even running to see the it light up. I know, I'm a dork.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »

I got suckered into buying one as well, I wanted the blue light, cool.  I press the button when it's not even running to see the it light up. I know, I'm a dork.

MikeD,

Don't be so hard on yourself you haven't read this yet!
What about the oil level feature is this accurate? I'm not sure if I could trust it (I'm a checker) even though for the 498,765 times have have checked my oil the normal way it is always good + (don"t LOL) I change my oil every 2500km (1500 miles) I like clean oil not black oil! I do all this knowing I could easily run more than 10,000km ((6000 miles) between oil changes. On top of this I believe I run one of the better oil & filter combonations as well Mobil 1 V-Twin and the K & N oil filter
But this is all just part of my disorder (OCD) thats why I thought the oil level checker at the push of a button would be a step in the right direction regarding my disorder.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 06:46:15 PM »

Does the screen gets vaporised when you wash the bike?Its common on fuel gauges lol :drink:
Ridin Legend

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »

62955-06

Altugo,

It does state that it is WATER PROOF! but I suppose that does not mean much.

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:56:18 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »

Does the screen gets vaporised when you wash the bike?Its common on fuel gauges lol :drink:

Dont have that problem with my Kuryakyn LED fuel/battery gauge

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 09:00:06 AM »

I've got the temp only guage, no level. That new model is a sound improvment over a single function like temp. Who can look a temperture guage on a bike and understand the condition of the bike? Unless it is extreme temps ( low and high ) there's no guide to reading oil temp to warn ya of anything! Plus with the model I have, I have to straighten the bike with one hand and make it upright, balance the bike with my legs, pull the dipstick once to clean, once to check level and clean again.

It's like a circus act. I look so stupid checking the oil, when there ain't a drop on the garage floor, and it's level, then off a 1/2 qt., then if I lean it just right, I have the right oil level everytime!! Who needs multiple quarts of expensive syn oil when alls ya gots to dos is lean alittle and......pull the stick.

It does look cool all blue, but as far as accuracy, do you have to sit the bike upright for this model too? And what's accurate when measuring on a delay factor? It takes time for sticks to read things like the level electronically. It's like putting gas in, but not enough, but it looked full....? If you wait for the guage to engage, your already down the road wondering how the last LED didn't light on those new flush mounts......

I do dig the blue led though.....
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

engine3

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 01:49:23 PM »

I just got one recently, I got a lot of faulty and error messages at first, then I realized I didn't have it facing the right way (stupid me, should have read the directions, or at least looked at a picture) Works fine now. I've washed it 5 or 6 times since I got it and no condensation inside. However a friend of mine has a road king with the older temperature only model, and his does get condensation.
We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?
The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!
Wrong!
Conan, what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
That is good.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 06:10:09 AM »

MikeD,

Don't be so hard on yourself you haven't read this yet!
What about the oil level feature is this accurate? I'm not sure if I could trust it (I'm a checker) even though for the 498,765 times have have checked my oil the normal way it is always good + (don"t LOL) I change my oil every 2500km (1500 miles) I like clean oil not black oil! I do all this knowing I could easily run more than 10,000km ((6000 miles) between oil changes. On top of this I believe I run one of the better oil & filter combonations as well Mobil 1 V-Twin and the K & N oil filter
But this is all just part of my disorder (OCD) thats why I thought the oil level checker at the push of a button would be a step in the right direction regarding my disorder.

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

Sometimes you scare me. I do the same thing with my oil. Can't help it but want clean oil in my ride. All of my rides: cars, towncars...My Rosemarie really gets a kick when I am out changing Oil after a short run or running hard. I tell her it's because I never get all of the dirty contaminated oil out. There's always residue to contaminate the new oil. Mobile 1 15w50 ain't cheap! Taildragger Dave says he flushes his out and gets the extra miles out of the oil "like you're supposed to".

I don't see how that oil level checker could work too well. I'll stick to the Temp. version only, and use my eyes to tell me the truth.

And I like the Blue light too. Guess I am a dork too. Damn..... :yes:

kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:21 AM »

Dork is fine when you have a serious case of OCD - I have one too. Works fine.  ::)

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 06:25:30 AM »

Aussie,

Sometimes you scare me. I do the same thing with my oil. Can't help it but want clean oil in my ride. All of my rides: cars, towncars...My Rosemarie really gets a kick when I am out changing Oil after a short run or running hard. I tell her it's because I never get all of the dirty contaminated oil out. There's always residue to contaminate the new oil. Mobile 1 15w50 ain't cheap! Taildragger Dave says he flushes his out and gets the extra miles out of the oil "like you're supposed to".

I don't see how that oil level checker could work too well. I'll stick to the Temp. version only, and use my eyes to tell me the truth.

kona76

Kona,

A little tip from downunder! It's not cool to state on the "world wide web" that you are a dork!  :lolk:

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 07:22:13 AM »

Kona,

A little tip from downunder! It's not cool to state on the "world wide web" that you are a dork!  :lolk:

Cheers
Aussie

DAMN...... :stupid:

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 11:41:25 PM »

My Mobile 1 is just passing through 3600 miles on this change......
It looks like dark caramel.
I have the original dipstick that only shows the temp. 
I check my oil with the awesome factory dipstick, wipe it off, then throw it back in the toolbox.  Then stick the chrome oil temp dipstick back in.  I check my oil at the end of every ride and it is always in the upper 3/4 of the range.

Aussie,

kona76
Love my '05

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »

I have one and it works fine.  I have washed the bike several times and never had any issues with it.  And I will have to admit, I bought it because of the blue light.  I also have 10 blue light pods located at various hidden spots that make the engine and rims glow blue chrome at night.  I also have the flush mount gas caps that have blue LED lights showing the fuel level.  Therfore I must be a huge dork.

Yes I just checked, my 12 year old son just agreed that I am a dork.  :smart:

But when I am ridin' my bike, I feel like the baddest MoFo around.  :bandana:
2006 Autumn Haze FLSTFSE2

Stratus

• Go fast or dont go.
  • www.lakecharlespilots.com
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 08:14:16 AM »

I have been considering that oil guage as well. the flush mounted gas caps sound slick as well. post a few pictures of them sometime if you get a chance brent.
My Gallery:cucumber:
2006 FLSTFSE2 Autumn Haze
131 R&R Motor w/Billet oval heads w/comp release
HP 151.5/TQ 163
Horsepower Inc. 58mm Throttlebody
Speed's High Velocity Air Cleaner
Static Compression Ratio 10.8:1
S&S Crankshaft
Camshaft S&S 640
SERT
Rivera pro clutch
8mm hypo wires
R&B Racing LSR 2-1 Pro Stock 124 2" primaries C style 17" collector
Brembo Calipers/Rotors Front and Rear

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 08:33:05 AM »

I have been considering that oil guage as well. the flush mounted gas caps sound slick as well. post a few pictures of them sometime if you get a chance brent.

Ask and you shall receive!!!!

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »

And another!!!

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 08:33:49 AM »

And the other side!

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 08:34:44 AM »

Lights on!  The LED readout works great.  You can see them great even during the day!!!

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »

And now for the light pods!!!

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 08:35:29 AM »

And more!

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 08:35:53 AM »

Other side!!!

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »

And finally the right side rear tire behind the pipes!!!

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 08:49:18 AM »

Ask and you shall receive!!!!

I love those blue lights in the gauge too! In fact I also fitted a blue LED glow light kit with 22 seperate LED's

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 08:57:27 AM »

22?  Man you must glow!!!!!!

Stratus

• Go fast or dont go.
  • www.lakecharlespilots.com
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »

awesome brent. who makes the gas caps?
the lights looked awesome as well. i bet they look incredible when cruising at night. thx guys.
My Gallery:cucumber:
2006 FLSTFSE2 Autumn Haze
131 R&R Motor w/Billet oval heads w/comp release
HP 151.5/TQ 163
Horsepower Inc. 58mm Throttlebody
Speed's High Velocity Air Cleaner
Static Compression Ratio 10.8:1
S&S Crankshaft
Camshaft S&S 640
SERT
Rivera pro clutch
8mm hypo wires
R&B Racing LSR 2-1 Pro Stock 124 2" primaries C style 17" collector
Brembo Calipers/Rotors Front and Rear

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 02:20:56 PM »

the lights looked awesome as well. i bet they look incredible when cruising at night. thx guys.

The caps are Harley.  Here is the info on them:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448768318&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309149307&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309149307&bmUID=1187461157723&bmLocale=en_US

As far as the light pods everyone notices them and like them.  My son said I "pimped my ride"  :huepfenlol2:

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »

I assume you are aware of 20% off dealers. I paid $168.95 inc shipping!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »

As far as the light pods everyone notices them and like them.  My son said I "pimped my ride"  :huepfenlol2:

Brent, i dont have pods I just have singles. I did not do any on the front & rear wheels, where did those get mounted & can you see the wires on the front ones??

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 08:27:17 PM »

Brent, i dont have pods I just have singles. I did not do any on the front & rear wheels, where did those get mounted & can you see the wires on the front ones??

Cheers
Aussie

You can see the wires a little.  As soon as I get a chance I will take pics of the locations and the wires.

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »

Aussie,

They are the Harley light pods.  Here are the pics of the wheel locations.
First here is the front left side.  It is attached on the inside of the fork.

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »

I ran the wires down the brake line to the pod on the left fork.  Then from there around the inside of the front fender there is a little lip around the entire front.  I stuck the wire under it and held it with adhesive.  Running the wire around the inside front of the fender to the right fork.

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 07:37:50 PM »

Here is the pod on the right fork

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »

For the rear I stuck the pod to the inside of the brake caliper.

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 07:40:20 PM »

Running the wire down the brake cable.  Please ignore the exhaust browing on the brake line.  The Python 3's really dirty it up and I have not cleaned the bike for awhile.

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 07:44:05 PM »

On the left rear I hid the wire and pod behind this cover.  I have no idea what the cove is called.

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »

I hope this helps Aussie!!!

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »

The Parts guys at the dealership have warned me numerous times not to buy the Digital Oil Temp & Oil Level Gauge.  They told me that it is a peice of junk and after they sell them, they always come back with some defect.

2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »

The Parts guys at the dealership have warned me numerous times not to buy the Digital Oil Temp & Oil Level Gauge.  They told me that it is a peice of junk and after they sell them, they always come back with some defect.

Yeah!  but it looks cool   :2vrolijk_21:

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 03:52:29 AM »

I hope this helps Aussie!!!

Thanks Brent it does help, I might have to get a few pods. But I do think you should have used chrome or silver/gray zip ties.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 03:54:23 AM »

Yeah I got a refund on mine no questions asked. The temp part worked but the oil level did not.

CheerAussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 03:42:42 AM »

Thanks Brent it does help, I might have to get a few pods. But I do think you should have used chrome or silver/gray zip ties.

Cheers
Aussie

Brent,

I just got some pods in to add on, I will be putting one on the inside of the rear caliper & one on th inside of the belt guard.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 06:20:53 PM »

Aussie,

Post some pics when it is complete!!!

Also I always wanted to put this on a thread:   :worthless:

Even though it is a bit premature.

MikeD

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »

I did notice that mine would leak.  I took up to the dealership and they said that it was leaking and replaced it.  Since it's for sale, I kept the one they replaced it with and put the stock back on.  Keep the package and the receipt!  BTW maybe dorks, but were #$@%ing cool dorks with Kick A$$ bikes!

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2007, 06:26:26 AM »

I have found it a decent piece of kit which looks the "dogs" - only praise here. :orange:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.599 seconds with 21 queries.