Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: PHAZE surgery  (Read 9890 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Re: PHAZE surgery
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »

Hey Phaze it's great to hear your up and about.  With scars like that, overhere we'd be calling you Zippy.  Have a full recovery and enjoy life.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 09:37:01 AM »

Gald to hear you are mobile again. :2vrolijk_21:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »

Hey! Phaze
Really glad everything went well, my best to you and your's

Don................

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »

Very Good News, Glad you are still with us. I hope to meet at a cvo meet sometime :)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2007, 11:05:05 PM »

Hey, I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from all!  Things did go well, I'm feeling good, and if it wasn't for a big gas bubble in my stomach that I can't shake, I'd be feeling great.  The throat has been the worst of it.  When I talk too much (easy for me to do), I get sort of worn down.

I don't want to ruin anyone's lunch, but here's a photo with some of the surgery results.  It's a little more than I expected, but a lot less than doing the open heart thing.  They have told me that I can be back on the bike in two weeks (I'm counting from the surgery).

God I love this site. I've always said it's like the CVO garage. If you came over and we were having a beer and you were telling your bros about your surgery , OF COURSE you'd show us, so the pics are cool. When you've been cut open as many times and in as many places as I have, this is like talking about doing a 113 upgrade to a motor to me. Still, that's a nasty collection of cuts, stitches and holes. You're one tough Hombre dude  :2vrolijk_21: SO GLAD to hear you are on the road to recovery. Rest easy, get well and live to ride again. That's what it's all about

Vaya con Dios Phaze

B B

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2007, 07:35:49 AM »

Phaze,
Glad you're doing well.  You're fortunate they could do the surgery without cracking the breast bone.  I had bypass 13 years ago (pre-robotics/between the ribs procedures).  I'll never forget my first sneeze after the surgery :o
Do what the docs tell you and recovery will pass more quickly than you might think.
Best,
Tony

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »

Here you were doing the demo rides on Saturday, looking for the next candidate, and when I mentioned that to Mark Monday he indicated that you had just had heart surgery. 

Glad that everthing went well and that you are doing fine.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »

Well, it's been a while since I've been on the site.  I'm not sure why.  I've just had a lot going on and haven't taken the time.  I'm doing well and riding a good bit, but I am having some complications with my heart rhythm.  Now I'm told that about 30 percent of heart surgery patients have rhythm problems after.  They're trying to get me straightened out with meds now.  If the meds don't work, they'll try shocking me back into rhythm.  I'm feeling good most of the time and continue to appreciate the care, concern, thoughts, and prayers!

Thanks,
PHAZE (Preston)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »

Preston glad to hear you are doing well, and back in the wind. :2vrolijk_21: Continued success in your recovery and hopefully they can get your rhythm complications straightened out w/o having to do the shock.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2007, 10:40:19 PM »

Preston, I aint no doctor or pharmacist, so I may not spell these things the way JAMA or the PDR does.  My father had a tacacardia for years.  He took Verapamil for years as well to stop to tacacardia.  The Verapamil has some undesirable side effects that he got tired of dealing with, so he went to Emory Crawford Long earllier this year and had the tacacardia fixed.  I understand the problem to be an electrical one, so his cardiologist fixed it by running a tube through the femoral artery all the way to his heart, zapped the shorted area of his heart, and Dad hasn't had the problem since.........and he flushed the Verapamil.  I know that is sort of a layman's explanation, but you get the picture.  So, other than his Parkinson's Disease, Dad is doing very well.  I wish you the very best success during your treatment.

Henry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.