Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 2004 SEDeuce ...value??  (Read 4665 times)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
2004 SEDeuce ...value??
« on: May 23, 2007, 11:47:20 AM »

Guys Im sure you have abetter feel for this then I do ...what would a 2004 FXSTDSE in black and colbalt blue with only 2900 miles be worth .... is has had about $3000 in additional accessories added to it and is in mint condition ?

Dude
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 2004 SEDeuce ...value??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

pictures

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 01:46:32 PM »

another

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 01:47:04 PM »

one more

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »

hunnerd bucks  tops...

where do i send the check?

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 02:08:32 PM »

hell..cant hurt to offer..............she is a beaut!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »

to a dealer maybe 13k to the rest of us around 16-18   my opinion
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 08:28:25 PM »

Straight from the lips of two local dealers:  The CVO version of the Deuce or any other model offers NO increase in trade in value over the std models.

While it does seem the touring CVO are doing a bit better in the open market, the SED I've seen as sold low as $16K. A good portion having to do with the 07 110 and 6spd.  Chaps my ass too, but there's not a hell of a lot I can do about it.   Good luck.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:07:10 PM »

I dont buy that ...it may not effect the Deuce and V Rod as much as the dressers but it does add to the value.

Dude

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »

It certainly effects the retail value to some degree, and I would imagine that some dealers may offer somewhat of a premium if they feel they can recoupe it, but the point remains, I have had two very serious discussions on upgrading and they simply are not willing to stick their neck out for the 04 SED, period. They both suggested me selling it outright and were frankly not very interested in offering a number because they knew I'd never accept it.

Again, it's all about supply and demand, and the reality is, the new motors and 6 spd really hit the SED hard. I suggest you do some eBay searches and look at the completed auctions - not those that expired without a sale or never got over the reserve. The actual sale numbers on eBay will give you a good feel where the bottom-line retail values will be.  I have set up alerts and watch this closely and cannot believe some of the prices these things are going for. I actually bought a few used accessories from some guy in WI who sold his mint SED with lower miles than you for $16K. Brought tears to my eyes.

Locally, you should be able to do a little better, especially if you find someone stuck in this particular model, but remember, I'm in the same boat as you and I promise you, I'm not happy about it either. I am not relishing taking a $5 to $8K chump, but it's either that, or keep it. I do however wish you much luck.

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 05:01:25 PM »

It certainly effects the retail value to some degree, and I would imagine that some dealers may offer somewhat of a premium if they feel they can recoupe it, but the point remains, I have had two very serious discussions on upgrading and they simply are not willing to stick their neck out for the 04 SED, period. They both suggested me selling it outright and were frankly not very interested in offering a number because they knew I'd never accept it.

Again, it's all about supply and demand, and the reality is, the new motors and 6 spd really hit the SED hard. I suggest you do some eBay searches and look at the completed auctions - not those that expired without a sale or never got over the reserve. The actual sale numbers on eBay will give you a good feel where the bottom-line retail values will be.  I have set up alerts and watch this closely and cannot believe some of the prices these things are going for. I actually bought a few used accessories from some guy in WI who sold his mint SED with lower miles than you for $16K. Brought tears to my eyes.

Locally, you should be able to do a little better, especially if you find someone stuck in this particular model, but remember, I'm in the same boat as you and I promise you, I'm not happy about it either. I am not relishing taking a $5 to $8K chump, but it's either that, or keep it. I do however wish you much luck.

Thank you MrMagoo however you may have read my post wrong or maybe I was not clear ... I am a HD dealer in Paducah Ky ....we have not traded for one of these since Ive been here and thought I might get a little guidence from my friends on the forum as they seem to stay up to date on values of the CVOs ... The gentleman who owns this bike is very ill and wanted us to try and sell it for him .... JMO but I think what has hurt the SED is the 95in motor when the others of the same model year had the 103 .... anyway I think its a great bike ..good looking anf fassssssssst !

Dude

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »

Dude,

No offense, but I think you need to re-read your posts above. I don't see anywhere where you mentioned you were a dealer - or asking on behalf of a third party. Based on everything you posted, it appeared you were the owner wondering what your bike might be worth.

Now, I and a number of other folks here have posted that these bikes have taken a pretty brutal beating over the last year. Yes, the motor is part of the issue, but the 95" SED performed on par or better than most of the other 2004 103's. The big resale hit came after the 2007's were unveiled, so I believe it has more to do with the new 110" / 6spd.

Irregardless, we could debate the reasons why SED's resale market is so poor, but the bottom-line is, that is a fact. If the guy is ill, and can't use it, I would suggest he dump the thing quickly, because it's probably not going to get any better soon. Imho, it's going to take a few years before we hit bottom and the prices level out and start tracking a percentage of the new MSRP's.

I wish your friend luck. Frankly, if he was a friend, and you are a HD dealer, why don't you do him a favor and showroom it for him on consignment? Might as well get some visibility while it's just sitting anyway, right? Who knows, you might stumble on a nice mark strolling by.

My .02 fwiw. 

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 08:58:54 PM »

Dude,

No offense, but I think you need to re-read your posts above. I don't see anywhere where you mentioned you were a dealer - or asking on behalf of a third party. Based on everything you posted, it appeared you were the owner wondering what your bike might be worth.

Now, I and a number of other folks here have posted that these bikes have taken a pretty brutal beating over the last year. Yes, the motor is part of the issue, but the 95" SED performed on par or better than most of the other 2004 103's. The big resale hit came after the 2007's were unveiled, so I believe it has more to do with the new 110" / 6spd.
Irregardless, we could debate the reasons why SED's resale market is so poor, but the bottom-line is, that is a fact. If the guy is ill, and can't use it, I would suggest he dump the thing quickly, because it's probably not going to get any better soon. Imho, it's going to take a few years before we hit bottom and the prices level out and start tracking a percentage of the new MSRP's.

I wish your friend luck. Frankly, if he was a friend, and you are a HD dealer, why don't you do him a favor and showroom it for him on consignment? Might as well get some visibility while it's just sitting anyway, right? Who knows, you might stumble on a nice mark strolling by.

My .02 fwiw. 

The new 96 and 110 engines with the 6 speeds effected ALL pre 07 bike values not just the SED ....we did take the bike on consignment ....

Dude

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 10:43:18 AM »

Glad to hear you're set. Can't wait to see what you sell it for. If you come across someone looking for bookends at a premium, lemme know and I'll ship mine down. Later.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 11:43:38 AM »

The new 96 and 110 engines with the 6 speeds effected ALL pre 07 bike values not just the SED ....we did take the bike on consignment ....

Dude

After seeing the performance of the 96 w/ 6 speed (as it is geared from the factory), I'd put my 95 5 speed up against any of them. I don't know of anyone that has purchased a 07 that is happy, with the exception of running 2,000 RPM's at 80 mph. The 95 ci SED's will eat them alive, so I wonder why the 96 6 speed would have such an adverse effect on the value of the 95 SED's. What the hell, didn't buy either of my CVO bikes for investment values (despite what I told wifey). ;D

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »

MJZ - It's not the 96" in the base models vs the 95" in our SED's. We have about 10 HP and perhaps a little more torque advantage over the new base motor.

It's more the 95" vs the 110" with the 6 spd in the 2007 CVO's. While they do run hot (nothing a good tune won't solve), they definitely have a performance advantage.  It's hard to overcome that increased displacement.

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »

>:( Just to let you know...HD is discontinueing the Duece for 2008. :-\  I have a 2003 SE Duece, great bike to run the back roads....hard on long trips, take the "07 SE Ultra!!!!

napalm
napalm

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »

>:( Just to let you know...HD is discontinueing the Duece for 2008. :-\  I have a 2003 SE Duece, great bike to run the back roads....hard on long trips, take the "07 SE Ultra!!!!

napalm

I feel the same. I seem to always gravitate to the SEEG but yesterday I grabbed the SED for a quick romp and I remembered why I can't part with her.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »

Yeah, I heard that too. I wonder how that will effect our resale values?? 
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.